Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior DevOps Engineer
- Job ID
- Location Name
- Colorado Springs - GMC
- Information Technology
This individual implements, grows and matures DevOps practices through people, process and technology, often directly impacting global operations. This includes demonstrated implementation and understanding of complex technical practices. At this career level, the incumbent independently implements and matures major complex continuous integration, automated test-driven practices, release automation, automated infrastructure self-service, infrastructure as code, canary deployment methods, instrumentation and monitoring, and integrated tool chain management. He or she may coach and oversee the work of other specialists.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
- Acts as an advocate for children – raising the awareness of the needs, neglect, nurture, and potential of children in poverty and challenging and enabling those within one’s influence to greater involvement and effectiveness on behalf of children.
- Experience in all levels of testing: to include unit, integration, service, and user testing.
- Innovates and matures CI/CD platforms in service of multiple engineering teams.
- Continually improves integration of complex infrastructure builds with application deployment processes across major projects and systems through CI/CD practices.
- Develop automated solutions using Go and/or Node.js based microservices
- Experience with DevOps tools such as Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, GitLab, etc.
- Knowledge of software configuration management, infrastructure as code, automated application build and deploy, test driven development, software baseline management.
- Understanding of core security practices within software development
- Researches new technologies that will be efficient, effective, and highly scalable.
- Coaches and provides expertise and may oversee the work of other professionals and support staff in the business analysis discipline.
- Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Accountable for supporting, upholding, and engaging in Compassion's core "Cultural Behaviors" in all internal and external communication and relationships.
- Bachelor's Degree Information Technology, Computer Information Systems, Disaster & Emergency Management or related discipline
- Ten years professional experience in any combination of the following:
- Software Development
- Software Architecture
- Infrastructure Architecture
- Automated Testing
- Platform Development
Licenses and Certifications
- DevOps Foundations Certificate, or similar credential.
*** Equivalent education, training and/or certification may be substituted for experience and education shown above ***
Working Environment: Office – Standard Office Environment
Physical Demands: Sitting, standing, and/or walking for up to 8 hours per day
Travel Requirements: May be required to travel up to 10% of normal schedule
Other: This position may be required to serve in an “on-call” capacity in order to provide timely response to technology failures outside of standard business hours.