Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Facilities Technician
- Job ID
- Location Name
- Colorado Springs - GMC
- Health Safety Environmental
This senior technician regularly performs complex, highly-visible and large-scale tasks such as space planning program support, event services support, and maintaining and improving building standards. The technician further performs highly-visible and large-scale maintenance tasks such as painting, major electrical and plumbing, and some vehicle maintenance. At this level, the incumbent works independently on maintenance and repair tasks and handles customer service requests in a quick, courteous, and professional manner. He or she often coaches and oversees the work of other technicians and related staff. Depending on location, some duties may be performed in collaboration with contract service providers.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
- Acts as an advocate for children – raising the awareness of the needs, neglect, nurture, and potential of children in poverty and challenging and enabling those within one’s influence to greater involvement and effectiveness on behalf of children.
- Inspects and maintains electrical systems and equipment, including wiring, control, and lighting networks
- Develops plans for new office furniture configurations and fixture assembly and trains junior team members in furniture layout and assembly. Ensures modular furniture pieces are installed using correct assembly methods and specifications.
- Oversees the setup and breakdown of furniture and equipment for all daily events.
- Leads building operations support team in all ergonomic program aspects including but not limited to assessments, maintaining program equipment, and providing education on proper best practices.
- Manages warehouse inventory, receiving, shipping, and cleanliness. Must possess a high level of attention to detail and organization while accurately tracking inventory. Manages inventory of Herman Miller and other furniture products and submits orders for purchase when appropriate.
- Leads the monitoring and maintenance of the temperature and ventilation control system so that the heating, ventilation, and air conditioning system provides optimal comfort and air quality for building occupants and performs according to system standards. Ensures urgent customer needs, such as temperature adjustments, are promptly resolved. Performs complex trouble-shooting, diagnosis, and repair tasks to keep the system in good working order.
- Maintains the overall appearance and cleanliness of the building on a daily basis. This may include tasks such as trash removal and exterior building and grounds upkeep and maintenance. Ensures the external areas are free from hazards and obstructions.
- Independently completes major customer work order requests requiring the attention of an extremely skilled craftsman. Leads maintenance team on larger project requiring multiple technicians.
- Provides coaching and technical advice to other staff and client groups.
- Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Accountable for supporting, upholding, and engaging in Compassion's core "Cultural Behaviors" in all internal and external communication and relationships.
- High school diploma
- Eight years experience working in a facilities maintenance, electro-mechanical repair, or skilled craft position.
Licenses and Certifications
- NICET certification preferred
*** Equivalent education, training and/or certification may be substituted for experience and education shown above ***
Working Environment: Office – standard office environment
Physical Demands: Sitting, standing, and/or walking for up to 8 hours per day
Travel Requirements: May be required to travel up to 10% of normal schedule
Other: This position requires that the applicant/employee personally drives a Compassion owned or leased vehicle as an essential job function of the position. Any job offer and continued employment in a position where driving is an essential function is contingent upon both possession of a valid driver's license and continued monitoring of the employee’s driving abilities and MVR.