Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Manager of Digital Marketing
- Job ID
- Location Name
- Colorado Springs - GMC
Leads the Digital Marketing Department to develop, direct, and implement Compassion's digital content strategy, leading the acquisition, fundraising, retention, engagement, and advocacy strategies among new and current audiences. Provides leadership and subject matter expertise in the management and execution of Compassion's website content management and authoring solutions. Manages a team of digital professionals while also working closely with external web developers and designers to create new sites, pages, and content, from idea to launch. Provides full management through subordinate managers and/or senior professional staff. This responsibility includes hiring, discipline, and termination, as well as, coaching, performance management, assigning, checking, and approving work to satisfy broad objectives and department strategies. Ensures completion of department responsibilities, calling on available resources to achieve department objectives, working within approved budget.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
- Acts as an advocate for children – raising the awareness of the needs, neglect, nurture, and potential of children in poverty and challenging and enabling those within one’s influence to greater involvement and effectiveness on behalf of children.
- Provides leadership and development to direct reports. Works with staff to foster an environment of professional growth, in alignment with compassion’s strategies and objectives. Consult with peer management and senior leaders to successfully align departmental resources and priorities across Compassion.
- Contributes to or prepares and administers the annual budget and departmental expenses, ensuring accountability for on-time completion of deliverables based on department objectives, SLAs, and other Compassion standards, ensuring compliance with regulatory and board policies.
- Selects, manages and develops assigned staff, establishing goals and objectives, coaching and managing performance, including discipline, motivation, and annual reviews; supports continuous learning and development that enhances individual performance and organizational capability.
- Manages and identifies appropriate digital channels and tools to achieve acquisition, fundraising, retention goals. Provides oversight for Compassion's digital marketing by ensuring alignment on Compassion's digital channels. Responsible for direct sponsorship acquisition and fundraising revenue through digital marketing channels including social media, blog, external sites, ad networks, compassion.com and all other possible web platforms.
- Working through subordinate professionals and managers, provides high-level leadership of Compassion's marketing and content strategy to further the acquisition, retention, and revenue objectives related to Compassion’s programs. Leads marketing and communication to reach digital audiences within current channels and explores potential new markets. Through direct reports, monitors trends in tools, applications, channels, design, and strategy to lead the team toward growth and change accordingly. Strategically manages digital marketing funnel, identifying appropriate digital entry points that expands the reach of Compassion content, attracting and retaining visitors to the website, generating leads and nurturing them to become customers. Provides leadership and oversight of Compassion digital marketing content by ensuring strategy alignment for all requests for content or promotion on Compassion digital channels. Partners with other internal department leaders to gather support for campaign launches that support established goals.
- Leads opportunities for collaboration with marketing departments of Compassion USA and global partners. Through subordinate managers and professionals, ensures strategy that supports both Compassion USA Marketing and global partner goals. Partners with key contributors and leaders of USA Marketing, USA Communications and Campaign Management to develop and manage strategies for increasing acquisition, fundraising, retention, engagement, advocacy, and brand awareness.
- Working through subordinate managers and professionals, leads the development and implementation of Compassion's crisis communication plan using digital media to identify threats and opportunities as well as be the vehicle for communication to supporters. Advises cross-functional senior leadership on the intersection of social media with Risk Management, Legal, Finance, Human Resources, Global Program, data security and child privacy and protection.
- Provides leadership and direction of web usability, style, and information architecture standards, ensuring conversion rate optimization and user goal success. Working through subordinate leaders and professionals, manages measurement and testing tools and frameworks as well as user feedback to drive continuous improvement. Leads custom web development and microsite platforms to support marketing functions (Armor/Wordpress). Drive innovative digital experiences through relevant emerging technologies. Campaign user journey integration with other digital channels including SMS, App, Email.
- Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Accountable for supporting, upholding, and engaging in Compassion's core "Cultural Behaviors" in all internal and external communication and relationships.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field.
- Relevant work experience required to perform duties as outlined.
- Strong background leading the implementation and management of web content management systems required.
- Strong experience in web analytics and SEO required.
*** Equivalent education, training and/or certification may be substituted for experience and education shown above ***
Working Environment: Office – Standard Office Environment
Physical Demands: Sitting, standing, and/or walking for up to 8 hours per day
Travel Requirements: May be required to travel up to 10% of normal schedule