Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Vascular / OB Sonographer
at Concentric Healthcare
We are in need of a skilled General / Vascular/ OB Ultrasound Tech for a 13-week contract position in Parker, CO (Greater Denver CO Area)
Must be proficient in ABD, OB/GYN and Vascular including, ABI’s, arterial, and venous exams.
Vascular, OB, and General ultrasound credentials are preferred; however anyone with the adequate skill set is encouraged to apply.
SHIFTS: Day shift Monday-Friday
* Must be comfortable scanning all 3 trimesters of OB*
Perform a variety of specialized technical tasks in Diagnostic Ultrasound utilizing high frequency sound waves to assist medical and professional personnel in detecting anatomical abnormalities. Concentric is looking for candidates with experience in all areas of Ultrasound including vascular and echo.
1. Determine, prepare and set up medical supplies, instruments and equipment. Prepare patients for diagnostic procedures to include taking vital signs and measurements and positioning patients for each anatomical view; explain procedures, allay fears and elicit cooperation of patients.
2. Assist medical and professional personnel during diagnostic procedures to include handling instruments, operating and monitoring equipment and calling out equipment readings; alert physician to patient's discomfort or changes in condition.
3. Evaluate technical quality of films to obtain representative images of pathogenic conditions; process film in accordance with standard procedures or techniques.
4. Maintain records of ultrasound films taken, archiving and de-archiving data as required; calculate, compile and record data from numerical readings on patient's charts and related documents.
5. Calibrate, clean and perform routine maintenance on equipment to ensure proper functioning; clean and sterilize instruments, supplies and equipment; stock and replenish supplies as required.
6. Provide technical assistance and instruction to students, employees and medical residents. Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- Work requires a two year allied health degree and successful completion of an approved one year program in ultrasound technology.
- Must have 2 years of Ultrasound experience.
- Applicants must be eligible for registry by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) or "CCI"
- ARDMS AB certification or ARDMS OB/GYN certification or RVT certification or CCI certification
- Must be accurate, attentive to detail and able to follow directions
- Thorough knowledge of anatomy, physiology, pathology and medical terminology
- Must have good interpersonal and communication skills and be able to work calmly and accurately
- Successfully pass all Concentric screening exams with a score of 80% or greater
- Must meet Concentrics's pre-employment screening requirements.
- Current physical exam
- Current TB test or chest x-ray
- Current BLS certification