Continuum Of Colorado
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
CoC - Movement Therapist
at Continuum Of Colorado
Continuum of Colorado’s Home & Community Support department has a fantastic opportunity for a Movement Therapist to perform licensed therapeutic in-home movement therapy services for children and adults that we serve. This therapy includes the use of music or dance as a therapeutic tool for the habilitation, rehabilitation and maintenance of behavioral, developmental, physical, social, communication, pain management, cognition and gross motor skills.
Due to the nature of the role and our commitment to the community and the individuals and families we serve, we’ll require some flexibility due to appointments and responsibilities that occur outside typical work week hours. You must be willing to drive to appointments within the Denver, CO Metro area and we'll reimburse you for travel time.
More about what you’ll get to do as our Movement Therapist
- Coordinate with the Community Center Board (CCB) Case Manager to ensure the need for therapy is identified by the Medicaid State Plan therapist (OT or PT) or a physician
- Initiate contact with individuals, families and providers as necessary
- Perform consultative visits to families either alone or in consultation with other team members; accommodate individuals’ and families’ schedules in planning meetings
- Establish treatment goals and monitor progress at least quarterly; track progress and note areas of concerns or improvements for therapy plans
- Complete all program-related documentation; develop and maintain working case files
- Ensure adherence to Division for Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (DIDD) rules and regulations and agency policies and procedures in provision of services
Must have’s to be our Movement Therapist
- Master’s degree in Dance Movement Therapy (R-DMT or BC-DMT)
- Two (2) years experience or related education or training in working with persons who have developmental disabilities, preferred
- Working knowledge of the developmental disabilities system, rules and regulations, preferred
- Knowledge of motor development, motor disorders and appropriate therapeutic interventions
- Ability to maintain necessary training, certifications and licensure
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; effectively communicates with individuals served, families, staff and others
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Ability to meet physical demands of the position
- Personal vehicle in good operating condition for use during work
- Valid Colorado driver license/Proof of auto vehicle insurance
- Meet our agency driving requirements; no suspensions or revocations in the past 3 years and no more than 2 tickets in the past 3 years
The Good Stuff - Starting Salary and Benefits!
$28.00 - $35.00/hr
Here are some of the excellent benefits we offer and why it's so great to work here!
- Generous paid time off and holiday pay
- Health/dental/vision coverage
- 401(k) investment plan, with an employer match of up to 4%
- Employer paid and supplemental life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Certified Employer for Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Tuition reimbursement program, eligible after 1 year of full-time employment
- Healthcare reimbursement and flexible spending plans
- Free onsite gym and lounge for employee use
- Discounts on auto and homeowners insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Credit union membership
- Employer-paid training