Copper Mountain Resort
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Copper Mountain Resort
Start Date (If not listed, look in the Job Description)
Minimum Age Required for this Position18
Job Title: Cashier Lead
Job Status: Seasonal
Start Date: Various start dates in November and December
The Cashier Lead interacts with guests and employees, and works with the Manager and Assistant Manager to ensure proper operation of the facility. Responsibilities include opening, closing, cash handling, theft/loss prevention, supervising other cashiers, and other supervisory functions as deemed appropriate. The cashier lead will be responsible for counting the cash drawers at the end of day and figuring out any issues with shortages/overages, training and updating cashiers on policies and procedures and assisting cashiers during the day with making change, assisting management in figuring out reasons for any shortages of the cash drawer. The cashier lead may also be asked to assist in serving guests in the bar area during happy hour.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To provide assistance to the management team in ensuring the building and staff are ready for business. Standard Operating Procedures will be followed at all times. Must be able to quickly and accurately process guest transactions while creating an atmosphere that attracts return business. The highest integrity is expected. Must be able to lead staff through example, multi task, prioritize and organize. Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and adapt to changing situations. This position does include standing for long periods of time other non-food and beverage related work. The cashier lead also assists in the training of staff and ensuring that staff is following established SOP's.
- Nametags must be worn on a daily basis
- Impeccable attendance and punctuality
- Standard Operating Procedures will be followed at all times
- Transact sales on a POS system in an efficient and friendly manner
- Assists management in training new employees and implementing new policies and procedures
- The highest integrity is expected.
- Works all areas of operation if necessary, including cashiering, cleaning, serving, stocking and organization
- Support members through teamwork and mutual respect
- Processes and completes orders according to outlet recipes and procedures
- Verify correct count of cash drawer at beginning of day
- Run financial reports on POS system, count all drawers at end of day
- Keep cash handling area clean and stocked with necessary documents
- Know policies regarding payments accepted and discounts offered
- Assist management with end of day reporting
- Complete necessary forms for varying portions of business
Guest Service Duties:
- Always polite to our guests and employees alike
- Every attempt to please the guest will be made
- Every guest will be greeted, made small talk with and thanked for coming
- Shall be available to our guests and employees at all times a great ambassador for the resort fixing problems as they arise and having fun
- Is empowered to fix guest challenges as needed
Other Duties as Assigned:
- This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for this job and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of POWDR-Copper, the responsibilities of this position may change. The job must be prepared to accept new responsibilities and transfer others.
- Functions as an ambassador of Copper Mountain, modeling and sharing the Copper "culture" with our guests and employees. Upholds the most professional image. Continually strives to exceed our guest's expectations and create memories for our guests and staff.
- Is honest and has the highest integrity
- Is able to handle and manage confidential information
- Professional appearance. Adheres to all grooming guidelines
- Follows established policies and procedures
- Is supportive of Core Values
- Sets the example for others and is above reproach
- Is comfortable to challenge established policies and procedures, but once established, is supportive of those rules.
- Is organized in tasks. Sees projects through to the finish. Has good follow-through and makes it a habit of getting back to people on issues.
- Can handle fast paced, potentially high-pressure environment
- Is flexible with hours and days of work
- Is able to work any hours of the day, any days of the week
- Prioritizes and re-prioritizes personal time and work, to have good balance in life
- Lift and carry loads of up to 50 pounds
- Ability to stand for long periods of time (will include nights on special event weekends and holidays)
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, any times or days needed
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written
- Must be able to hear normal conversations in a busy, crowded environment
- Vision must be within normal range to work safely and to read written information
Preferred Experience & Skills:
- Must be fluent in English
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- TIPS certification preferable, may be obtained after employment
- Previous supervisory experience is preferred
- Previous cash handling experience required
Copper Mountain, LLC is an affirmative action employer and that age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other applicable status protected by state or local law, are not taken into account in any employment decision. We offer competitive benefits, employee housing, and a unique work atmosphere. All of our job opportunities are located at Copper Mountain Resort in Summit County, Colorado. 90 miles west of Denver, we are situated in the heart of Colorado's playground. All candidates must fill out an application to be considered for employment.
Can you see yourself here - Apply now!