Copper Mountain Resort
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Copper Mountain Resort
Start Date (If not listed, look in the Job Description)Dec 1, 2018
Minimum Age Required for this Position18
Job Title: Childcare Teacher
Job Status: Seasonal
- This is position is a winter seasonal position that works to carry out activities covering the comprehensive nature of the program.
- This position requires flexibility in working with different ages of children, ranging from 6 months to 6 years, in a facility having up to 30 children.
- Guest childcare teachers assist in planning, implementing and maintaining a nurturing, well-balanced, memorable and supportive child care experience for participating children and families.
- Teachers provide for the developmental needs of the individual child and the group as whole, according to mandated performance standards and established programming.
- The position assists in the daily implementation of program standards while maintaining a comfortable environment for the safety, health and well-being of each child.
- Teachers are responsible for carrying out duties related to site opening, closing, maintenance and security each day.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Childcare teachers must be able to perform all essential duties consistently, at-all-times, throughout the day:
- Follow daily plans & classroom routine. Assist with program planning in keeping with program's licensing standards, developmentally appropriate practices and children's interests.
- Actively participate in and reinforce children's play indoors and outdoors through accompanying children in play, engaging and supervising children ranging in age from 6 months to 6 years.
- Organize, supervise and assist children in all activities of the day (i.e. indoor play, outdoor play, art); in an environment that is safe, healthy, enriching and conducive to the comfort of the children.
- Greet children, aide in the transition of children into the childcare by continuously promoting a positive and nurturing physical and emotional environment.
- Redirect children having separation anxiety and comfort children when needed. Can problem solve with upset children and parents while remaining calm
- Consistently and calmly guide children positively through established classroom rules and limits for behavior.
- Communicate with children at their physical level.
- Ensure that all front-of-house and back-of-house is always organized, well-stocked, and clean based on departmental standards
- Assist children in restroom breaks and diapering duties
- Ensure that diapering and toileting areas remain ready for use through proper disinfecting per the Colorado Department of Public Health Standards.
- Prepare snacks & lunches. Assist children in dining and hand washing
- Maintain sanitation in food service areas and wash center dishes per the Colorado Department of Public Health Standards.
- Receive and store meals in accordance the health & safety standards.
- Maintaining accurate program records and documents daily by following program standards, licensing and quality initiatives.
- Ensure that all front-of-the-house and back-of-the-house is organized, well-stocked, and clean at-all-times based on departmental standards.
- Assist with the preparation and maintenances of an orderly, engaging, positive and nurturing classroom. In addition to helping with the daily tasks of cleaning schedules.
- Be knowledgeable in child care related issues as well as information regarding the resort in general.
- Animate the child care experience and seek to continually improve on our service to our youngest guests.
- Follow procedures for reporting suspected child abuse.
- Participate in program assessments.
- Attend any required training courses (i.e. Copper Culture, Beginning of Season training) and and/all department meetings as required.
- Inform Manager/Supervisor/Foreman of center issues, which may affect program and/or agency compliance and/or image.
- Consistently demonstrate the ability to respond to changing situations in a flexible manner to meet current needs. Such as reprioritizing work as necessary in and environment that is often fast-paced and sometimes stressful.
- Be a team player through positively and cooperatively working with other staff in program implementation.
- Sundry duties as they come up and any task assigned by the Childcare Foreman, Supervisor, and/or Manager
Other Duties as Assigned:
- This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for this job and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of POWDR-Copper, the responsibilities of this position may change. The job must be prepared to accept new responsibilities and transfer others.
- Functions as an ambassador of Copper Mountain, modeling and sharing the Copper "culture" with our guests and employees. Upholds the most professional image. Continually strives to exceed our guest's expectations and create memories for our guests and staff.
- Is honest and has the highest integrity.
- Is able to handle and manage confidential information concerning other employees, children, families, the center, Copper and/or Powdr Corp.
- Professional appearance. Adheres to all grooming guidelines
- Follows established policies and procedures.
- Is supportive of Core Values.
- Sets the example for others and is above reproach.
- Is organized in tasks. Sees projects through to the finish. Has good follow-through.
- Can handle fast paced, potentially high-pressure environment.
- Is flexible with hours and days of work.
- Prioritizes and re-prioritizes personal time and work, to have a well-balanced life.
- Consistently be to work on time, working as scheduled and leaving at scheduled time.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to accommodate children at ground level
- Due to the sensitive nature of this position, a criminal background check will be conducted after position is accepted. This background check will be done in accordance with standards enacted under the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Preferred Experience & Skills:
- Minimum of one year's childcare experience preferred
- Experience working with children ages 6 months - 6 years
- Early Childhood Teacher qualified preferred
- Adult & Pediatric CPR, First Aid
- Child & guest communication skills
- Knowledge of child growth and development
Copper Mountain, LLC is an affirmative action employer and that age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other applicable status protected by state or local law, are not taken into account in any employment decision. We offer competitive benefits, employee housing, and a unique work atmosphere. All of our job opportunities are located at Copper Mountain Resort in Summit County, Colorado. 90 miles west of Denver, we are situated in the heart of Colorado's playground. All candidates must fill out an application to be considered for employment.
Can you see yourself here - Apply now!