Copper Mountain Resort
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Copper Mountain Resort
Start Date (If not listed, look in the Job Description)
Minimum Age Required for this Position18
Job Title: HOA Manager
Job Status: CORE (Full-Time, Year-Round)
Start Date: ASAP
Copper Association Management (CAM) provides outstanding property and association management, association accounting, owner support, and basic maintenance services for all managed associations covered by either the Copper Mountain Resort Lodging Services and/or Association Management Agreements.
Copper Association Management is comprised of two business units:
- Association Management (BU 0859), and
- Association Accounting (BU 1175).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs all association management functions in accordance with State of Colorado CAM licensing requirements and CAI guidelines for best management practices
- Portfolio management (Managing multiple associations 4+)
- Prepare all board notices and briefing packets for upcoming board meetings
- Ensure meeting minutes reflect the options that were considered for each decision made by your board
- Maintain an active action list of tasks assigned by your board
- Provide monthly management reports to the board that include: YTD financials, explanations of significant variance to budget, projects completed, and planned work
- Maintain timely communication with Assn Boards and owners
- Board member education and training
- Facilitate association board compliance with CCIOA and Colorado Nonprofit Cooperation Act
- Developing RFPs for association projects, summarizing pros and cons, and presenting recommendations in written form.
- Coordination of association capital and operations construction/maintenance projects directly with the board
- Development of annual budgets and execution of the monthly approved plan for each association
- Maintain accurate association records according to CCIOA, the Colorado Nonprofit for Corporation Act, association governing documents, and other applicable laws.
- Oversight of building, grounds, and equipment maintenance, including cleaning and systems monitoring. Development and execution of the plans and inspection and reporting of the results at least monthly to Department Manager and HOA Boards
- Communication with owners and management companies
- Daily coordination of the day's workforce (12-18 personnel) during the morning meeting and as needed during the work day
- Facilitate assigned CAM staff training, development, counseling, and evaluation to meet established Assn needs, employee advancement and company goals
- Successfully complete at least one CAI development class per year while working and then sustaining at least a CAI CMCA/AMS certification and Colorado DRE licensing.
- Being an effective team leader and Copper team member
- Use your Copper Purchasing Card appropriately
- Manage your assigned staff's hourly labor reporting
- Oversee your assigned daily hourly operations for you team
Guest Service Duties:
- Assist and/or direct staff to assist guests, owners and in other areas of the Hospitality/Lodging Division and/or Resort Operations as needed
Other Duties as Assigned:
- This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for this job and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of POWDR-Copper, the responsibilities of this position may change. The job must be prepared to accept new responsibilities and transfer others.
- Copper Association Management acts as an ambassador of Powdr - Copper Mountain, modeling and sharing the Copper "culture" with our guests and employees. Upholds the most professional image. Continually strives to exceed our guest's expectations and create memories for our guests and staff.
- All salaried team members are expected to participate in the company's Front Line Assist program to assist in operations as needed, as well as to participate in Leadership events such as meetings, required trainings, and participating in employee dinners/events
- Direct supervision of assigned Assn staff (usually 3-6 hourly staff)
- Staff hiring, training, development, counseling and evaluation to meet established association needs, employee advancement and company goals
- Monitor, coach, support and correct other members of the CAM/PM team at various times as needed to ensure all staff are encouraged to follow our Core Values, work safely, are well presented and remain focused on customer service
- Maintain a high level of interaction, communication and team play between the leaders of the Hospitality Team and internal strategic partners
- Is honest and has the highest integrity
- Is able to handle and manage confidential information
- Professional appearance. Adheres to all grooming guidelines
- Follows established policies and procedures
- Is supportive of Core Values
- Sets the example for others and is above reproach
- Is comfortable to challenge established policies and procedures, but once established, is supportive of those rules.
- Is organized in tasks. Sees projects through to the finish. Has good follow-through and makes it a habit of getting back to people on issues.
- Can handle fast paced, potentially high-pressure environment
- Is flexible with hours and days of work
- Is able to work any hours of the day, any days of the week
- Prioritizes and re-prioritizes personal time and work, to have good balance in life
- Colorado CAM license in good standing and CAI CMCA designation.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Office, and Outlook. Working knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint; work-order & billing software systems and Association Voice would be a definite advantage
- Excellent working knowledge and ability to train others is desired for: Association meetings, accounting, reserve studies, facility maintenance, risk management, contract negotiation, effective communication and financial management
- Due to the sensitive nature of this position, a criminal background check will be conducted after position is accepted. This background check will be done in accordance with standards enacted under the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
- Must have a valid US Driver's license
- Varied working hours that may include evenings, weekends, early mornings and some long days required.
- Reasonable fitness is required to move about the property and individual lodges easily during all weather conditions
- Must have color vision
- Must be able to lift and carry items up to 50 lbs.
- Be able to walk, crawl, climb in confined spaces
Preferred Experience and Special Skills:
- A CAI AMS is preferred certification.
- Proven hands-on management experience, skills, and ability to train personnel in basic property / association management activities
- Public speaking, association maintenance, accounting supervision, project management, RFP development, contracting, insurance, common area repair, hot tub operation & maintenance, and landscaping.
- College degree preferred or at least three years of financial, administrative or facilities management experience
Copper Mountain, LLC is an affirmative action employer and that age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other applicable status protected by state or local law, are not taken into account in any employment decision. We offer competitive benefits, employee housing, and a unique work atmosphere. All of our job opportunities are located at Copper Mountain Resort in Summit County, Colorado. 90 miles west of Denver, we are situated in the heart of Colorado's playground. All candidates must fill out an application to be considered for employment.
Can you see yourself here- Apply now!