Copper Mountain Resort
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Copper Mountain Resort
Start Date (If not listed, look in the Job Description)
Minimum Age Required for this Position18
Job Title: Journeyman Electrician
Job Status: CORE (Full-Time, Year-Round)
Start Date: ASAP
Installation, maintenance and repair of all Copper owned non-ski lift electrical systems and equipment including buildings, facilities, snowmaking and primary distribution system. Scope of responsibilities will include non-Copper owned equipment as requested by local associations, groups and owners.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Installation, maintenance and repair of building commercial and residential electrical systems and equipment in compliance with NEC, local building codes, and associated equipment standards with safety and reliability as a primary concern.
- Installation, maintenance and repair of Copper Mountain owned 25kV primary distribution system including switchgear, transformers, underground conductors and other related equipment.
- Installation, maintenance and repair of Copper Mountain snowmaking system(s) including controls, pumps and 4160VAC compressors.
- Installation, maintenance and repair of Copper Mountain Resort property's' street and parking lot lighting systems.
- Locating of all Copper Mountain owned utility infrastructure per UNCC standards.
- Installation, maintenance and repair of temporary power for special events.
- Other electrical related responsibilities as necessary based on business need.
- Responsibility for safety of self, guests and other employees as it relates to the job and equipment serviced.
- Responsible for Copper Mountain, as well as personal, tools and equipment.
- Responsible for security and privacy of Copper and non-Copper properties including keyed access.
- Responsible for timely and accurate documentation of all work performed including related labor and materials.
- Timely, accurate and clear communication with supervisor regarding all work related functions, responsibilities, needs and equipment status related to assigned projects.
Guest Service Duties:
- This is not a direct guest facing position but standard expectation of exceptional guest relations at all times.
Other Duties as Assigned:
- This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for this job and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of POWDR-Copper, the responsibilities of this position may change. The job must be prepared to accept new responsibilities and transfer others.
- Functions as an ambassador of Copper Mountain, modeling and sharing the Copper "culture" with our guests and employees. Upholds the most professional image. Continually strives to exceed our guest's expectations and create memories for our guests and staff.
- May be required to assist in training of Apprentice Electrician.
- Is honest and has the highest integrity
- Is able to handle and manage confidential information
- Professional appearance. Adheres to all grooming guidelines
- Follows established policies and procedures
- Is supportive of Core Values
- Sets the example for others and is above reproach
- Is comfortable to challenge established policies and procedures, but once established, is supportive of those rules.
- Is organized in tasks. Sees projects through to the finish. Has good follow-through and makes it a habit of getting back to people on issues.
- Can handle fast paced, potentially high-pressure environment
- Is flexible with hours and days of work
- Is able to work any hours of the day, any days of the week
- Prioritizes and re-prioritizes personal time and work, to have good balance in life
- Must be able to lift and carry items up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work on feet and/or in cramped spaces for extended periods of time based on equipment installation.
- Must be able to work on ladders, man-lifts or other elevated access equipment with provided fall protection as required.
- Must be able to walk on mountainous terrain carrying locating equipment for up to 4 hours at a time.
- Due to the sensitive nature of this position, a criminal background check will be conducted after position is accepted. This background check will be done in accordance with standards enacted under the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
- Must have a valid US Driver's license
- Must possess basic hand tools for electrical equipment maintenance.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must possess and maintain State of Colorado Electrical Journeyman license or higher qualification.
Preferred Experience & Skills:
- Minimum 5 years' experience with residential and commercial electrical systems and equipment.
- Basic proficiency with safe operation of electrical hand and power tools.
- Industrial electrical experience is desirable.
Copper Mountain Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Gender/Minority/Veterans/Disabled. We offer competitive benefits, employee housing, and a unique work atmosphere. All of our job opportunities are located at Copper Mountain Resort in Summit County, Colorado. 90 miles west of Denver, we are situated in the heart of Colorado's playground. All candidates must fill out an application to be considered for employment.
Can you see yourself here - Apply now!