Copper Mountain Resort
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Copper Mountain Resort
Start Date (If not listed, look in the Job Description)
Minimum Age Required for this Position18
Job Title: Kitchen Foreman
Job Status: Seasonal
Start Date: ASAP
This individual is career oriented, creative, active, and is a culinary leader with general leadership qualities, who is able to work unsupervised and manage a kitchen in the Chef's absence. This person is either a graduate of a two year culinary program with quality experience, or has at least three years' experience in quality establishments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adheres to Copper Culinary Guidelines.
- Owns proper culinary tools
- Understands the importance of personal hygiene, safe food handling practices, and advanced culinary skills.
- Understands the importance of Standards, Speed, and Quality.
- Should have the ability to be responsible for a single department of an operation.
- This employee supports company philosophy, goals, and objectives.
- Preps and works assigned station quickly and cleanly.
- Follows prep sheets accurately and with a sense of urgency.
- Prepare food to the specifications of the Chef.
- Reads, understands, and follows recipes and standards.
- Takes responsibility for the product used in their outlet and manages it to assure a quality product.
- Responsible for and supervises lower level cooks in regards to food handling including: rotation, sanitation of all storage areas, labeling and dating, and insures all storage areas are maintained.
- Responsible for production on own station and co-ordinates with lower rated cooks on their stations (have a high level of kitchen awareness)
- Advises higher rated cooks and/or management of anticipated problems.
- Assists in the menu development process.
- Assist in the direction and supervision of staff.
- Assists in the creation, usage, and follow through of prep lists, cleaning lists and closing lists
- Assists in food ordering
- Demonstrate teamwork and co-operation with service staff.
- Completes any reasonable task assigned by supervisor.
- Takes direction from: Chefs, Sous Chefs, and outlet managers.
Other Duties as Assigned:
- This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for this job and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of POWDR-Copper, the responsibilities of this position may change. The job must be prepared to accept new responsibilities and transfer others.
- Functions as an ambassador of Copper Mountain, modeling and sharing the Copper "culture" with our guests and employees. Upholds the most professional image. Continually strives to exceed our guest's expectations and create memories for our guests and staff.
- Manage daily kitchen production, staffing levels and all staff communications during sous chef or chef's absence.
- Manage daily labor model to business volumes
- Is honest and has the highest integrity
- Is able to handle and manage confidential information
- Professional appearance. Adheres to all grooming guidelines
- Follows established policies and procedures
- Is supportive of Core Values
- Sets the example for others and is above reproach
- Is comfortable to challenge established policies and procedures, but once established, is supportive of those rules.
- Is organized in tasks. Sees projects through to the finish. Has good follow-through and makes it a habit of getting back to people on issues.
- Can handle fast paced, potentially high-pressure environment
- Is flexible with hours and days of work
- Is able to work any hours of the day, any days of the week
- Prioritizes and re-prioritizes personal time and work, to have good balance in life
- This job requires: the ability to lift 75 pounds
- Standing or walking for up to six hours
- The senses of taste and smell are used frequently
- The use of hands and arms for periods of up to six hours
- Peripheral, color, and depth vision are essential.
Preferred Experience & Skills:
- Has strong abilities in all applicable cooking techniques and practices.
- Ability to read, writes, and speaks fluently in English.
- Ability to work all stations in an outlet, work off prep list and complete station set up in time allotted, fabricates items to standard during service and completes prep list for next service period.
- Has mastered knife skills.
- Must be able to expedite production line during service period.
- Have the ability to manage the outlet during the Chef's absence, supervise all stations and operate to standards.
- Understand, and practice all aspects of cost control.
- Should have the culinary ability to work shifts in any station in any outlet.
Copper Mountain, LLC is an affirmative action employer and that age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other applicable status protected by state or local law, are not taken into account in any employment decision. We offer competitive benefits, employee housing, and a unique work atmosphere. All of our job opportunities are located at Copper Mountain Resort in Summit County, Colorado. 90 miles west of Denver, we are situated in the heart of Colorado's playground. All candidates must fill out an application to be considered for employment.
Can you see yourself here - Apply now!