Copper Mountain Resort
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Server: Storm King Lounge
at Copper Mountain Resort
Start Date (If not listed, look in the Job Description)Nov 19, 2018
Minimum Age Required for this Position18
Job Title: Server: Storm King Lounge
Job Status: Seasonal
Responsible for serving provided products according to standards of service while maintaining efficiency, cleanliness, and an accurate accounting of sales. Specifically, provide guests with fast, efficient food and beverage service while making the guest feel as comfortable and relaxed as possible to ensure overall satisfaction with dining experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- To continually strive to exceed guest's expectations
- To help create memories for our guests and staff as the best mountain resort experience again and again
- Standard Operating Procedures will be followed at all times
- Must have the ability to take ownership of the position
- Must always be polite and respectful of our guests and employees
- Must always be on time
- Always acknowledge every guest immediately upon sight
- Observe the four 10 foot rule at all times
- Must be available to our guests and employees at all times
- You will portray the impression that you are happy and we are happy to have you here
- Promote a fun, safe, sanitary work environment
- Coordinate the efficient flow of business through the restaurant and the main bar
- Act as a liaison between bartender, guest and management
- Support members through teamwork and mutual respectClean-up as needed
- Keep bar area clean, keep in bussed and surrounding tables
- Be sure our guests have what they need (menu, water, food, cocktails)
- Answer inquiries from guests
- Make the guest feel welcomeBar position is empowered to serve it up, fix it up with a monetary limit to be decided upon by the manager of the unit
- Engage in small talk
- Smile always
- Clock in for your shift once appearance requirements are met and in uniform.
- Attend daily staff meeting
- Check with Manger for any special events
- Be sure restaurant is ready to open before seating guests
- Be sure bar stations are well equipped and clean (to opening side work)
- Maintain work area, keep it clean and organized
- Perform table and bar maintenance
- Assist in general cleaning of the building
- Check restrooms throughout the day and keep maintained and stocked
- Be sure restaurant is sufficiently stocked with condiments
- Review the shift with MOD
- Greeting and serving guests in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Giving drink and menu descriptions and using suggestive selling techniques to further sales and enhance guest enjoyment.
- Proper cash handling and cash reconciliation
- Tip reporting (as outlined by state and federal law).
- Proper food and beverage service (specific to style of restaurant).
- Tip out (as designated by management/ specific to restaurant).
- Proper sequence of service (specific to individual restaurant).
- You will spend a significant amount of time chatting with our guests
- Daily reflection of each shift
- Every guest encountered will be thanked and invited back
- At the end of the day, you will know you had a positive impact on our guests and employees experience
- Serve it up, Fix it up, every attempt will have been made by you to take care of our guests and employees
Other Duties as Assigned:
- Laundry, be sure plenty of napkins, place mats are available for use
- Consistently check for guest satisfaction, Serve it up, fix it up
- Inform management of any potential problems with guests or employees
- Assist management in maintaining high employee morale
- Maintain a friendly, congenial and helpful attitude.
- Answer incoming phone calls in a timely, professional and courteous manner
- Report and fix any unsafe or unsanitary working conditions
- This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for this job and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of POWDR-Copper, the responsibilities of this position may change. The job must be prepared to accept new responsibilities and transfer others.
- Functions as an ambassador of Copper Mountain, modeling and sharing the Copper "culture" with our guests and employees. Upholds the most professional image. Continually strives to exceed our guest's expectations and create memories for our guests and staff.
- Is honest and has the highest integrity
- Is able to handle and manage confidential information
- Professional appearance. Adheres to all grooming guidelines.
- Follows established policies and procedures
- Is supportive of Core Values
- Sets the example for others and is above reproach
- Is comfortable to challenge established policies and procedures, but once established, is supportive of those rules.
- Is organized in tasks. Sees projects through to the finish. Has good follow-through and makes it a habit of getting back to people on issues.
- Can handle fast paced, potentially high-pressure environment
- Is flexible with hours and days of work
- Is able to work any hours of the day, any days of the week
- Prioritizes and re-prioritizes personal time and work, to have good balance in life
- Working knowledge of local liquor and health codes
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to walk for a large part of the work day
- Ability to negotiate stairs
- Ability to lift and move 50# often
- Ability to use, move and load hand trucks
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, any times or days needed
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written
- Must be able to hear normal conversations in a busy, crowded environment
- Vision must be within normal range to work safely and to read written information
- Must have the dexterity to use all equipment and utensils normally associated with this position
- Must be fluent in English
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
Preferred Experience & Skills:
- High School Diploma or GED necessary
- Three year FOH bar service experience preferable
- TIPS certification preferable, may be obtained after employment
- Previous fine dining experience required with emphasis on fine wine and spirits
Copper Mountain, LLC is an affirmative action employer and that age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other applicable status protected by state or local law, are not taken into account in any employment decision. We offer competitive benefits, employee housing, and a unique work atmosphere. All of our job opportunities are located at Copper Mountain Resort in Summit County, Colorado. 90 miles west of Denver, we are situated in the heart of Colorado's playground. All candidates must fill out an application to be considered for employment.
Can you see yourself here - Apply now!