Copper Mountain Resort
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Copper Mountain Resort
Start Date (If not listed, look in the Job Description)
Minimum Age Required for this Position18
Job Title: Storeroom Stocker
Job Status: Seasonal
Start Date: ASAP
This individual is career oriented, creative, and active. Has prior experience in handling food and its proper storage. Serve Safe practices are maintained. FIFO. This individual is someone able to work unsupervised and manages a busy loading dock in the Supervisors absence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- To continually strive to exceed guest's expectations
- To help create memories for our guests and staff as the best mountain resort experience again and again
- Standard Operating Procedures will be followed at all times
- Must have the ability to take ownership of the position
- Work as scheduled, stay until the job is completed to set up the staff for the event to be successful
- Must always be polite and respectful of our guests and employees
- Must always be on time, punctual and ready to work
- Always acknowledge every guest immediately upon sight
- Observe the four 4 foot rule at all times
- Must be available to our guests and employees at all times
- You will portray the impression that you are happy and we are happy to have you here
- Promote a fun, safe, sanitary work environment
- Coordinate the efficient flow of business through all Banquet venues: Copper Conference Center, Village Square, Mountain Plaza, Copper Station, Spruce Boardroom, Union Creek, LeCirque, Telemark, Tucker Mountain Boardroom, EDGE Building, Copper Pavilion
- Is knowledgeable and adheres to Copper Mountain mission Statement and implements its usage in operations and training. Lives by the4 legged stool of 1) Have Happy employees2) WOW the guests 3) Hit the financial targets 4) Contribute to the community
- Ensures proper safety standards. Serve Safe, FIFO, Lifting, and general awareness.
- Ensures that appropriate standards regarding interior environment, atmosphere and theming are maintained throughout the Banquet world.
- Knowledgeable of all Gold standards for Rooms set up needs, being able to efficiently and correctly maintain all requirements from a Banquet event order with 100% accuracy.
- Maintain proper ordering/receiving procedures for products. for maintaining accurate and appropriate inventories of supplies for department such as but not limited to linen, soda, bottled water, utensils, candles, sterno, napkins etc.
- Co-ordinate with chef's all food deliveries to satellite locations at the resort.
- Act as a liaison between Guest, Conference Service Manager, Server, and Management as necessary
- Support members through teamwork with mutual respect
- Be sure our guests and staff have what they need with a sense of urgency
- Own the Zone; keep all meeting room space, foyers and decks neat & tidy according to the posted Own the Zone checklist at all times.
- Answer inquiries from guests
- Make the guest feel welcome (Respond to last minute requests with a smile always, Take pride in your work and in assisting the guests)
- Clock in for your shift once appearance requirements are met and in uniform.
- Take instruction and training from the Storeroom Supervisor.
- Inspect for maintaining all workstations and storage areas are well equipped, clean and organized on a daily basis.
- Maintain work area, keep it clean and organized
- Maintain all Copper Vehicles in good working order and clean and tidy inside and outside. Use tie down straps at all times to secure equipment when transporting.
- Perform with efficiency for the success of Storeroom Team.
- Assist in general cleaning of all the Restaurant and buildings that work is performed in.
- Greeting and serving guests in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Proper food and beverage serve safe handling for all food deliveries and pickups.
- Problem solve as needed.
- The nature of our restaurant business is ever changing and stocker is required to be flexible, adapt readily and make all necessary adjustments to all deliveries orders.
- At times the stocker will be required to train and assist an on-call person, good leadership skills and team support will be required.
- Daily reflection of each shift
- Every guest encountered will be thanked and invited back
- At the end of the day, you will know you had a positive impact on our guests and employees experience
- Serve it up, Fix it up, every attempt will have been made by you to take care of our guests and employees
- Order in products and supplies required for all functions in an efficient manner needed to execute all conference functions, special events, weddings and Banquet events and restaurant needs.
- Receive all products, sign off on all invoices as receiving clerk, and turn all invoices into accounting in a timely manner.
- Store all products in an organized and timely manner, rotating in new and old in coolers and dry storage.
- Secure and lock all products to prevent theft or product loss due to spoilage.
- Weekly and monthly inventory to assure budgeted cost of sales numbers and any variances to inventory.
- Trains staff when helpers are needed.
- Maintain a safe and clean loading dock.
Other Duties as Assigned:
- This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for this job and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of POWDR-Copper, the responsibilities of this position may change. The job must be prepared to accept new responsibilities and transfer others.
- Functions as an ambassador of Copper Mountain, modeling and sharing the Copper "culture" with our guests and employees. Upholds the most professional image. Continually strives to exceed our guest's expectations and create memories for our guests and staff.
- Is honest and has the highest integrity
- Is able to handle and manage confidential information
- Professional appearance. Adheres to all grooming guidelines
- Follows established policies and procedures
- Is supportive of Core Values
- Sets the example for others and is above reproach
- Is comfortable to challenge established policies and procedures, but once established, is supportive of those rules.
- Is organized in tasks. Sees projects through to the finish. Has good follow-through and makes it a habit of getting back to people on issues.
- Can handle fast paced, potentially high-pressure environment
- Is flexible with hours and days of work
- Is able to work any hours of the day, any days of the week
- Prioritizes and re-prioritizes personal time and work, to have good balance in life
- Working knowledge of local liquor and health codes
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to walk for a large part of the work day
- Ability to negotiate stairs
- Ability to lift and move 75 pounds often
- Ability to use, move and load and unload equipment from trucks
- Ability to work in extreme temperatures
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Must be able to hear ordinary conversation
- Must have average eyesight with or without corrective lenses
- Ability to work early morning shifts starting at 4:30am -5:00am.
- May experience the typical minor injuries of other workers, such as muscle aches, cuts or burns, physical discomfort from moving tables and chairs and from receiving and storing daily supplies
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, any times or days needed
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written
- Must be able to hear normal conversations in a busy, crowded environment
- Vision must be within normal range to work safely and to read written information
- Must have the dexterity to use all equipment and utensils normally associated with this position
- Must be fluent in English
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Valid US Driver's License
Preferred Experience and Special Skills:
- High School Diploma or GED necessary
- Two year FOH service experience preferable
- Serve ware
- Tables, chairs and bar stools
- Janitorial supplies
- Cleaning Chemicals
- Dust pans, brooms and mops
- Chaffing dishes, water urns, Cambros, Steam wells, cold wells, reach in coolers and walk-in coolers and freezers
- Ovens, stoves and warming drawers
- Ice machines
- Carts, hand trucks and service elevators
- Coffee, soda, tea, ice and hot chocolate machines
- Dish machines
- Trash chutes and large trash receptacles
- Electrical extension cords, power strips, electrical boxes, telephones and cords
- AV equipment, flip charts, easels, podiums, stage risers, dance floors
- Tables, chairs, table skirting, skirt clips
Copper Mountain, LLC is an affirmative action employer and that age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other applicable status protected by state or local law, are not taken into account in any employment decision. We offer competitive benefits, employee housing, and a unique work atmosphere. All of our job opportunities are located at Copper Mountain Resort in Summit County, Colorado. 90 miles west of Denver, we are situated in the heart of Colorado's playground. All candidates must fill out an application to be considered for employment.
Can you see yourself here - Apply now!