Copper Mountain Resort
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Temporary Accounting Manager
at Copper Mountain Resort
Start Date (If not listed, look in the Job Description)
Minimum Age Required for this Position18
Job Title: Temporary Accounting Manager
Job Status: Temporary
The Accounting Manager is responsible for overseeing and directing Copper Mountain's accounting functions in conjunction with the VP of Finance and Powdr corporate office. The Accounting Manager establishes and enforces accounting policies, procedures and controls to comply with GAAP. Additionally, the Accounting Manager leads the accounting team in execution of Copper's accounting operations including but not limited to daily sales location auditing, AP, AR, payroll as well as accounting functions related to property/lodging management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads and supervises the daily accounting functions including but not limited to daily sales location auditing, AP, AR, payroll, revenue recognition as well as accounting functions related to property/lodging management.
- Ensures compliance with GAAP by establishing, documenting and enforcing accounting policies, procedures and controls.
- Assists in the set-up of sales processes in cooperation with sales, fulfillment, and other financial managers to ensure accurate reporting and sufficient controls.
- In conjunction with the VP of Finance and Manager of Finance, reviews financial reporting for accuracy, monitors and approves all recommended adjustments, coordinates response and implementation of any suggestions recommended by the external auditors.
- Prepares and presents various accounting reports to the top management and makes suitable observations and recommendations.
- Conducts account reconciliations and analysis.
- Assists in the company's monthly and annual closing process.
- Ensures employees have the appropriate training/resources for their roles and that standard operating procedures are followed.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing financial reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
- Interface with outside audit firms, banks and lessors, casualty/liability insurance agents, credit card companies, and collection agencies.
Finance/Accounting Team Management Responsibilities:
- Strives to create the best employment experience possible.
- Participates in company events throughout the year. Takes an active role in understanding and becoming involved in the operations of Copper Mountain Resort. Develops strong working relationship with company management and learns operational areas to best serve the resort.
- Promotes the efforts of the Finance department and strives for continuous improvements.
- Is positive and supportive, energetic, enthusiastic, and motivated. Leads by example.
- Understands and maintains the strictest of confidentiality with regard to information pertaining to Copper Mountain Resort and Powdr.
Other Duties as Assigned:
- This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for this job and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of POWDR-Copper, the responsibilities of this position may change. The job must be prepared to accept new responsibilities and transfer others.
- Functions as an ambassador of Copper Mountain, modeling and sharing the Copper "culture" with our guests and employees. Upholds the most professional image. Continually strives to exceed our guest's expectations and create memories for our guests and staff.
- Select and train all Direct Reports.
- Motivate/manage/counsel/support/coach direct reports
- Assist these individuals in the creation of goals and objectives, which support the goals and objectives of Copper, and the Finance department.
- Provide feedback to direct reports. Conduct annual performance reviews. Give formal and informal feedback on performance. Recognize and reward exceptional performance. Conduct 1-on-1's with direct reports on a bi-weekly basis.
- Ensure staff upholds and adheres to all company policies and procedures.
- Communicate information with staff to ensure knowledge of resort activities, events, and changes.
- Is honest and has the highest integrity
- Is able to handle and manage confidential information
- Professional appearance. Adheres to all grooming guidelines
- Follows established policies and procedures
- Is supportive of Core Values
- Sets the example for others and is above reproach
- Is comfortable to challenge established policies and procedures, but once established, is supportive of those rules.
- Is organized in tasks. Sees projects through to the finish. Has good follow-through and makes it a habit of getting back to people on issues.
- Can handle fast paced, potentially high-pressure environment
- Is flexible with hours and days of work
- Is able to work any hours of the day, any days of the week
- Prioritizes and re-prioritizes personal time and work, to have good balance in life
- Must be able to lift and carry items up to 50 lbs.
- Due to the sensitive nature of this position, a criminal background check will be conducted after position is accepted. This background check will be done in accordance with standards enacted under the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Preferred Experience and Special Skills:
- 3+ years' supervisory financial management experience, preferably in the ski or hospitality industry with proven abilities.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting policies and procedures, generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), and a Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting required.
- Performance record should show success working with all levels of management and operating personnel.
- Proven ability to understand and quickly learn software and its impacts on accounting functions required.
- Current CPA preferred
Copper Mountain, LLC is an affirmative action employer and that age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other applicable status protected by state or local law, are not taken into account in any employment decision. We offer competitive benefits, employee housing, and a unique work atmosphere. All of our job opportunities are located at Copper Mountain Resort in Summit County, Colorado. 90 miles west of Denver, we are situated in the heart of Colorado's playground. All candidates must fill out an application to be considered for employment.
Can you see yourself here - Apply now!