Copper Mountain Resort
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Welder and Fabricator
at Copper Mountain Resort
Start Date (If not listed, look in the Job Description)
Minimum Age Required for this Position18
Job Title: Welder and Fabricator
Job Status: CORE (Full-Time, Year-Round)
Start Date: ASAP
Performs all welding, fabricating, milling, lathing and modifications for Powdr Copper Mountain vehicles. This includes the same procedures for Powdr Copper Mountain's special projects. Provide Powdr Copper Mountain with maximum safe vehicle availability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- By using current welding techniques, repairs parts on Powdr Copper Mountain's fleet in order to save time and money on the needed replacement of such parts.
- Modifies equipment's structural equipment, by engineering reinforcements to provide a longer life cycle's existence to the fleet.
- Constructs new items of equipment as deemed necessary for the innovative operation of Powdr Copper Mountain.
- Machines, using lathe and mill, new parts into existence and modifies or repairs existing parts in lieu of buying and waiting for a replacement part.
- Responsible for providing the above four "primary duties" to all Powdr Copper Mountain's equipment and facilities on an "as requested", per scheduled basis, through Vehicle Maintenance's work request program.
- Responsible for management, supervision and training in the flowing areas: welding, inventory, hazardous materials and general Shop equipment.
- Accountable for accurate and precise recording of daily activities on work orders placed by Supervisor and Foreman, indirect labor logs, parts requisitions to be used on the evaluation and administration portion of the Department's operation.
- Consults manuals, trade publications, trade associations, vendors, fellow employees, outside schools and training programs in order to stay updated in new maintenance technologies to improve the efficiency and production of our operation.
- Accountable for the cleanliness of the work area in order to provide a safe area to work in.
- Assist in the training of Powdr Copper Mountain personnel in the operation of equipment, to include vehicle check-out procedures, equipment use and safety procedures to ensure a knowledgeable and safe staff.
- Has consistent contact with fellow Vehicle Maintenance employees and occasional contact with operating Department employees. Has occasional contact with outside vendors.
Other Duties as Assigned:
- This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for this job and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of POWDR-Copper, the responsibilities of this position may change. The job must be prepared to accept new responsibilities and transfer others.
- Functions as an ambassador of Copper Mountain, modeling and sharing the Copper "culture" with our guests and employees. Upholds the most professional image. Continually strives to exceed our guest's expectations and create memories for our guests and staff.
- Is honest and has the highest integrity
- Is able to handle and manage confidential information
- Professional appearance. Adheres to all grooming guidelines
- Follows established policies and procedures
- Is supportive of Core Values
- Sets the example for others and is above reproach
- Is comfortable to challenge established policies and procedures, but once established, is supportive of those rules.
- Is organized in tasks. Sees projects through to the finish. Has good follow-through and makes it a habit of getting back to people on issues.
- Can handle fast paced, potentially high-pressure environment
- Is flexible with hours and days of work
- Is able to work any hours of the day, any days of the week
- Prioritizes and re-prioritizes personal time and work, to have good balance in life
- Must have the ability to work outside in all weather conditions.
- Must be able to lift and carry items up to 50 lbs.
Preferred Experience & Skills:
- High School Education or equivalent
- Two years Trade School or one year on-the-job training.
- Three to five years on-the-job training to include knowledge and expertise in the following areas: basic welding, torch handling, milling, lathing, structural fabrication, layout, blueprint reading and basic metallurgy.
- The ability to operate a loader and/or crane/boom truck for lifting purposes.
- Must possess the ability to handle multiple tasks at one time. Accurate verbal and written communication skills, the understanding and ability to read and write the English language are required.
Copper Mountain, LLC is an affirmative action employer and that age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other applicable status protected by state or local law, are not taken into account in any employment decision. We offer competitive benefits, employee housing, and a unique work atmosphere. All of our job opportunities are located at Copper Mountain Resort in Summit County, Colorado. 90 miles west of Denver, we are situated in the heart of Colorado's playground. All candidates must fill out an application to be considered for employment.
Can you see yourself here- Apply now!