Copper Mountain Resort
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Winter 2019/2020: Cook 2: Pastry
at Copper Mountain Resort
Start Date (If not listed, look in the Job Description)Nov 15, 2019
Minimum Age Required for this Position18
Job Title: Winter 2019/2020: Cook 2: Pastry
Job Status: Seasonal
- An entry level position requiring a positive work ethic.
- Adheres to Culinary Guidelines.
- Has the ability to learn and understand the importance of: personal hygiene, safe food handling practices, and basic culinary skills.
- In charge of setting up food station, working station during café hours and breaking down station in efficient manner.
- Assists in all aspects of operation, including cashiering, dishwashing, food prep and other necessary job functions
- Requires supervision
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares various foods under supervision for cafe.
- Follows prep sheets accurately and with a sense of urgency.
- Will attend equipment training and practice those techniques.
- Reads, understands, and follows recipes and standards.
- Rotates product and keeps a clean station.
- Demonstrate teamwork and co-operation with other staff
- Completes any reasonable task assigned by supervisor.
- Assists all aspects of operation through dishwashing, cleaning, re-stocking and any other essential duties
- Works a food station during service, cooking for, conversing with and assisting guests
Guest Service Duties:
- Converses with guests and answers any questions they may have about available food products
- Offers suggestions and assists operation through upselling
Other Duties as Assigned:
- This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for this job and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of POWDR-Copper, the responsibilities of this position may change. The job must be prepared to accept new responsibilities and transfer others.
- Functions as an ambassador of Copper Mountain, modeling and sharing the Copper "culture" with our guests and employees. Upholds the most professional image. Continually strives to exceed our guest's expectations and create memories for our guests and staff.
- Is honest and has the highest integrity
- Is able to handle and manage confidential information
- Professional appearance. Adheres to all grooming guidelines
- Follows established policies and procedures
- Is supportive of Core Values
- Sets the example for others and is above reproach
- Is comfortable to challenge established policies and procedures, but once established, is supportive of those rules.
- Is organized in tasks. Sees projects through to the finish. Has good follow-through and makes it a habit of getting back to people on issues.
- Can handle fast paced, potentially high-pressure environment
- Is flexible with hours and days of work
- Is able to work any hours of the day, any days of the week
- Prioritizes and re-prioritizes personal time and work, to have good balance in life
- This job requires: the ability to lift 50 pounds
- Standing or walking for up to six hours at a time
- The senses of taste and smell are used frequently
- The use of hands and arms for periods of up to six hours
- Peripheral, color, and depth vision are essential.
Preferred Experience and Special Skills:
- Basic previous culinary experience is necessary.
- Ability to develop basic culinary skills. Ex: competent knife skills and basic cooking technique.
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure
- Prior cash handling experience a plus
Copper Mountain, LLC is an affirmative action employer and that age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other applicable status protected by state or local law, are not taken into account in any employment decision. We offer competitive benefits, employee housing, and a unique work atmosphere. All of our job opportunities are located at Copper Mountain Resort in Summit County, Colorado. 90 miles west of Denver, we are situated in the heart of Colorado's playground. All candidates must fill out an application to be considered for employment.
Can you see yourself here - Apply now!