Copper Mountain Resort
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Winter 2019/2020: Host: JJ's
at Copper Mountain Resort
Start Date (If not listed, look in the Job Description)Dec 9, 2019
Minimum Age Required for this Position18
Job Title: Winter 2019/2020: Host: JJ's
Job Status: Seasonal
Coordinate the efficient flow of business through the dining room and surrounding areas; be conscious of flow for servers and kitchen alike.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Balance seat counts for servers
- Seat in a manner that best benefits kitchen: spread out seating so that it is even throughout the night, and no more than 30 guests are seated during a 30 minute period
- Seat guests in a friendly manner as soon as possible, deliver menus
- Act as a liaison between server, front door and management
- Support members through teamwork and mutual respect
- Buss tables and re-set as needed
- Be sure our guests have what they need (menu, water)
- Clean-up as needed
- Answer inquiries from guests
- Let guests know in a positive way when they may be seated if they do not have a reservation
- Make the guest feel welcome
- Engage in small talk
- Smile always
- Host shall be available to our guests and employees at all times
- Answer all incoming phone calls in a timely, professional and courteous manner
- Host position is empowered to serve it up, fix it up with a monetary limit to be decided upon by the manager of the unit
- Clock in for your shift once appearance requirements are met and in uniform
- Turn on the lights
- Go through reservations, make sure servers are seated fairly and also timed correctly
- Listen to all messages, return all phone calls both from phone answering machine
- Be sure doors are unlocked and windows are clean
- Music system and TVs on, appropriate station and volume
- Attend daily staff meeting
- Check with Manger for any special events
- Be sure to receive mountain information, keep available for our guests
- Be sure restaurant is ready to open before seating guests
- Be sure host stand is well equipped and clean
- Clean menus
- Sufficient wrapped silverware for the day's business
- Sanitizer bucket with clean rag stored in the liquid
- Prepare wait list, have it ready to go
- Check printer paper on all POS systems
- Check credit card paper and ribbon, be sure to have a back-up
- Maintain work area, keep it clean and organized
- Prepare seating chart and assign server sections
- Review the shift with MOD
- Proper food and beverage service (specific to style of restaurant).
- Proper sequence of service (specific to individual restaurant).
- Functions as an ambassador of Copper Mountain, modeling and sharing the Copper "culture" with our guests and employees. Upholds the most professional image. Continually strives to exceed our guest's expectations and create memories for our guests and staff.
- This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for this job and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of Powdr-Copper, the responsibilities of this position may change. The job must be prepared to accept new responsibilities and transfer others.
- Is honest and has the highest integrity
- Is able to handle and manage confidential information
- Professional appearance. Adheres to all grooming guidelines
- Professional conduct: Maintain "face of the restaurant" image and present yourself professionally and courteously to all guests
- Follows established policies and procedures
- Is supportive of Core Values
- Sets the example for others and is above reproach
- Is comfortable to challenge established policies and procedures, but once established, is supportive of those rules.
- Is organized in tasks. Sees projects through to the finish. Has good follow-through and makes it a habit of getting back to people on issues.
- Can handle fast paced, potentially high-pressure environment
- Is flexible with hours and days of work
- Is able to work any hours of the day, any days of the week
- Prioritizes and re-prioritizes personal time and work, to have good balance in life
- Must be able to lift and carry items up to 50 lbs. and occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds frequently.
- Ability to be on one's feet for excessive time periods of up to 6 hours
Preferred Experience and Special Skills:
- High School Degree.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Excellent decision making ability
- Excellent people skills
- Ability to show self-initiative
- Ability to work within a team atmosphere
- Restaurant experience/host experience preferred.
Copper Mountain, LLC is an affirmative action employer and that age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other applicable status protected by state or local law, are not taken into account in any employment decision. We offer competitive benefits, employee housing, and a unique work atmosphere. All of our job opportunities are located at Copper Mountain Resort in Summit County, Colorado. 90 miles west of Denver, we are situated in the heart of Colorado's playground. All candidates must fill out an application to be considered for employment.
Can you see yourself here - Apply now!