Copper Mountain Resort
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Winter 2019/2020: On Mountain Cook 4
at Copper Mountain Resort
Start Date (If not listed, look in the Job Description)
Minimum Age Required for this Position18
Job Title: Winter 2019/2020: On Mountain Cook 4
Job Status: Seasonal
Start Date: Multiple start dates in November and December
- This individual is career oriented, creative, active, and has a wide range of culinary expertise.
- Adheres to Culinary Guidelines.
- Owns proper culinary tools
- Understands the importance of personal hygiene, safe food handling practices, and advanced culinary skills.
- Requires minimal supervision and will assist in direction and supervision of lower level cooks.
- Understands the importance of Standards, Speed, and Quality.
- Should have the ability to be responsible for a single department of an operation.
- This employee supports company philosophy, goals, and objectives. This position works on the mountain so you must be able to ski/ride at an intermediate level with your own equipment, including a helmet.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preps and works assigned station quickly and cleanly.
- Follows prep sheets accurately and with a sense of urgency.
- Prepares food to the specifications of the recipes.
- Reads, understand, and follow recipes and standards.
- Takes responsibility for the product used in their outlet and manages it to assure quality control.
- Responsible for and supervises lower level cooks in regards to food handling, rotation of product, safety and sanitation, organization of all food areas maintained.
- Responsible for production on own station and co-ordinates with lower rated cooks on their stations (have a high level of kitchen awareness)
- Advises higher rated cooks and/or management of anticipated problems.
- Assist in the direction and supervision of staff.
- Implementation of all kitchen guide lines.
- Assist in food ordering
- Completes any reasonable task assigned by supervisor.
- Demonstrate teamwork and co-operation with service staff
Other Duties as Assigned:
- This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for this job and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of POWDR-Copper, the responsibilities of this position may change. The job must be prepared to accept new responsibilities and transfer others.
- Functions as an ambassador of Copper Mountain, modeling and sharing the Copper "culture" with our guests and employees. Upholds the most professional image. Continually strives to exceed our guest's expectations and create memories for our guests and staff.
- Must be able to supervise lower rated cooks from time to time in the absence of a kitchen foreman
- Is honest and has the highest integrity
- Is able to handle and manage confidential information
- Professional appearance. Adheres to all grooming guidelines
- Follows established policies and procedures
- Is supportive of Core Values
- Sets the example for others and is above reproach
- Is comfortable to challenge established policies and procedures, but once established, is supportive of those rules.
- Is organized in tasks. Sees projects through to the finish. Has good follow-through and makes it a habit of getting back to people on issues.
- Can handle fast paced, potentially high-pressure environment
- Is flexible with hours and days of work
- Is able to work any hours of the day, any days of the week
- Prioritizes and re-prioritizes personal time and work, to have good balance in life
- This job requires the ability to lift 75 pounds
- Standing or walking for up to six hours,
- The senses of taste and smell are used frequently
- The use of hands and arms for periods of up to six hours
- Peripheral, color, and depth vision are essential.
- Must be an experienced skier/rider with own equipment including industry certified helmet and meet Copper's grooming standards
Preferred Experience and Special Skills:
- Has strong abilities in all applicable cooking techniques and practices.
- Ability to work multiple stations in an outlet, work off prep list and complete station set up in time allotted, fabricates items to standard during service and completes prep list for next service period.
- Has mastered knife skills.
- Must be able to expedite production line during service
- Ability to learn, understands, and practices all aspects of cost control.
- Ability to read, write and speak fluently in English.
Copper Mountain, LLC is an affirmative action employer and that age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other applicable status protected by state or local law, are not taken into account in any employment decision. We offer competitive benefits, employee housing, and a unique work atmosphere. All of our job opportunities are located at Copper Mountain Resort in Summit County, Colorado. 90 miles west of Denver, we are situated in the heart of Colorado's playground. All candidates must fill out an application to be considered for employment.
Can you see yourself here - Apply now!