Copper Mountain Resort
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Winter 2019/2020: Reservations Agent
at Copper Mountain Resort
Start Date (If not listed, look in the Job Description)Oct 15, 2019
Minimum Age Required for this Position18
Job Title: Winter 2019/2020: Reservations Agent
Job Status: Seasonal
Central Reservations is a fun and exciting way to join the ski industry and the Copper family. It is often the starting place for advancement in the resort and sales industry. Opportunities for a year-round position may be available, based on performance. Central Reservations is an upbeat energetic environment that provides opportunities to earn while still getting to play in the mountains. Enjoy a slope-side office environment while enjoying the perks of your complimentary Copper season pass. The Winter Reservations Agent should be eager to learn, experience and sell all that Copper and the surrounding areas have to offer.
The Winter Reservations Agent should be enthusiastic about working in a fast paced sales and customer service environment. The Agent sells in an inbound call center environment, earning a base wage plus commission. Strategic outbound sales and guest service calls are required. The role of the Winter Reservations Agent is to book resort services & lodging accommodations for our guests. The Winter Reservations Agent will attend 2 weeks of training to obtain a solid knowledge base of Copper Mountain's resort services product; top performers will then be selected for additional training on lodging products. Lodging accommodations include several unit types on a short term rental program including hotel rooms, condominiums and vacation homes. The responsibility of the Winter Reservations Agent is to match guest needs with the appropriate products, while setting clear and accurate expectations and ensuring reservations are free from error. The Agent is responsible for offering all available products such as ground transportation, tubing, lift tickets, daycare, rental equipment, ski/board lessons, rental cars, pass products, and 3rd party activities.
Excellent communication, attention to detail, customer service & sales skills, teamwork, and ability to work in an office environment are a must. This position requires the ability to have a flexible schedule, including weekends & holidays, and requires the ability to use multiple software applications at a time. Intermediate to advanced computer skills are necessary for all qualified candidates. Product, resort, sales, service and system application training will be provided to all hired employees. Enjoy an incentive-based structure with exciting rewards for top sales and accuracy, as well as the ability to earn as much as $8k in sales commissions over the winter season! Experience friendly competition within the work environment and be enthusiastic about our exciting sales culture.
Seasonal employees may end their winter employment as early as late-March and as late as mid-April. An end-of-season bonus will be given if the employee fulfills their winter commitment, as determined by their direct supervisor. Dependent on the employee's performance and desire to stay longer, the employee may be considered for a year-round position.
The Winter Reservations Agent responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Be responsible for taking inbound calls for all Free Independent Travelers.
- Expected to maintain an advanced knowledge of Copper Mountain, and partnering products.
- Be on-time for all scheduled shifts and maintain acceptable attendance
- Meet productivity and quality standards
- Offer package components on every opportunity and maintain an above average conversion percentage
- Outbound calls to existing client base for incremental sales
- Give world-class service to all guests
- Deeply understand lodging inventory, sales and service techniques, systems, & procedures. Set yourself up for success!
- Assist with special projects and/or tasks when needed.
- Have fun on the phone. Create relationships with our guests. Leave your problems at the office door and be excited about the product you have to offer to our guests and Central Reservations.
Other Duties as Assigned:
- This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for this job and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of POWDR-Copper, the responsibilities of this position may change. The job must be prepared to accept new responsibilities and transfer others.
- Functions as an ambassador of Copper Mountain, modeling and sharing the Copper "culture" with our guests and employees. Upholds the most professional image. Continually strives to exceed our guest's expectations and create memories for our guests and staff.
- Passionate about living and working in a mountain atmosphere.
- Is honest and has the highest integrity
- Positive attitude
- Great work ethic
- Must be able to work as an individual and as a team
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Is able to handle and manage confidential information
- Professional appearance. Adheres to all grooming guidelines
- Follows established policies and procedures. Is supportive of Core Values. Sets the example for others and is above reproach. Is comfortable to challenge established policies and procedures, but once established, is supportive of those rules.
- Is organized in tasks. Sees projects through to the finish. Has good follow-through and makes it a habit of getting back to people on issues.
- Can handle fast paced, potentially high-pressure environment
- Must have basic to advanced computer skills.
- Is flexible with hours and days of work. Is able to work any hours of the day; including mornings, evenings or split-shifts; and any days of the week; including weekends and holidays. Prioritizes and re-prioritizes personal time and work, to have a good balance in life.
- Applicant must be able to speak and pronounce the English language, free from error, on a consistent basis.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and carry items up to 50 lbs.
Preferred Experience and Special Skills:
Must be able to work on a computer efficiently and accurately; including Microsoft Word and Outlook. System knowledge of the following is preferred, but not required: Visual One (V1), Resort Technologies Partners (RTP ONE), and Inntopia. Guest Services skills, conflict resolution skills and general office equipment use preferred. Previous sales and Call Center experience extremely helpful. College degree is preferred. Bi-lingual a plus.
Copper Mountain, LLC is an affirmative action employer and that age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other applicable status protected by state or local law, are not taken into account in any employment decision. We offer competitive benefits, employee housing, and a unique work atmosphere. All of our job opportunities are located at Copper Mountain Resort in Summit County, Colorado. 90 miles west of Denver, we are situated in the heart of Colorado's playground. All candidates must fill out an application to be considered for employment.
Can you see yourself here - Apply now!