Copper Mountain Resort
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Winter 2019/2020: Ski and Ride School Sales Specialist
at Copper Mountain Resort
Start Date (If not listed, look in the Job Description)Oct 1, 2019
Minimum Age Required for this Position18
Job Title: Winter 2019/2020: Ski and Ride School Sales Specialist
Job Status: Seasonal
The Ski and Ride School Sales Specialist is responsible for all aspects of Ski and Ride School and Woodward on snow lesson sales and special programs coordination. Sales include but are not limited to Group Lessons, Private Lessons, Over the Hill Gang, Women's Wednesdays, Choppers, Scooters, Trailblazers, Woodward Park Rats, and Race programs. The Ski and Ride School sales specialists will work as a team selling and fulfilling online and over the phone reservations. This is an indoor office position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Ski and Ride School Sales Specialist will ensure accurate customer relationship management in all aspects of Ski and Ride School sales while delivering exceptional customer service. The Specialists are responsible for inbound calls from the call center, or direct line, requesting private lessons or special programs. The Specialist will assist customers with the booking, scheduling, payment, selection of instructor, time, day, location and whatever else the customer may request. The ultimate goal of the Specialist is to provide exceptional customer service and accuracy on behalf of the customer as well as the operations of the Ski and Ride School. Furthermore, the Specialist is responsible for being informed about all aspects of the private lesson and special programs environment, as well as the other Ski and Ride school and Woodward products offered. This position is a seasonal position. Applicants are expected to lead by example, support department service standards, and exhibit appropriate, pro-active, guest-friendly behavior.
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) - the ability to manage guest databases and relationships to drive sales.
- Using resort specific software (RTP) is able to sell & fulfill all Private Lesson, Adult and Youth Programs and other Ski and Ride School and Woodward products as needed.
- Maintaining membership data or entrant data
- Coordinate and schedule Volunteers and Employees for all Ski and Ride School and Woodward lessons and programs
- Provide support and communicate with SRS operations Supervisors on a daily basis
- Work with operations Supervisors to facilitate on-snow program coordination.
- Work together with SRS employees and volunteers when necessary to ensure smooth on-snow operations
- Daily opening & closing tasks including: Consolidate daily station reports, complete location reports, and be accountable for discrepancies in reported monies and back-up at the end of the day.
Guest Service Duties:
- Offer guidance in the selection of these products appropriate to the needs of the guests.
- Handle all inquiries and complaints, either over the phone or in person, in a professional and competent manner
- Offer private lesson components to every calling guest and explain the importance and benefits to buying a private lesson
Other Duties as Assigned:
- This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for this job and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of Powdr-Copper, the responsibilities of this position may change. The job must be prepared to accept new responsibilities and transfer others.
- Functions as an ambassador of Copper Mountain, modeling and sharing the Copper "culture" with our guests and employees. Upholds the most professional image. Continually strives to exceed our guest's expectations and create memories for our guests and staff.
- Is honest and has the highest integrity
- Is able to handle and manage confidential information
- Professional appearance. Adheres to all grooming guidelines
- Follows established policies and procedures
- Is supportive of Core Values
- Sets the example for others and is above reproach
- Is comfortable to challenge established policies and procedures, but once established, is supportive of those rules.
- Is organized in tasks. Sees projects through to the finish. Has good follow-through and makes it a habit of getting back to people on issues.
- Can handle fast paced, potentially high-pressure environment
- Is flexible with hours and days of work
- Is able to work any hours of the day, any days of the week
- Prioritizes and re-prioritizes personal time and work, to have good balance in life
- Must be able to lift and carry items up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time
- Must be able to read and speak the English Language fluently and clearly.
- Due to the sensitive nature of this position, a criminal background check will be conducted after position is accepted. This background check will be done in accordance with standards enacted under the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Preferred Experience and Special Skills:
- Due to our dynamic environment, must be open-minded and ready to learn new skills. In addition, upon hiring, they will begin to attend applicable training classes. Topics not covered in training, but with which a Specialist must be familiar include, but are not limited to, Microsoft Office products, resort specific software, and the internet. Specialists should also be able to multi-task, independently problem solves using good judgment, and assesses situations that may or may not need to be passed along to a Supervisor or Manager. Specialists should have excellent communication and leadership skills.
- 2 to 3 years' experience in the ski industry with a good working knowledge of ski and ride school operations is highly desirable. Guest service experience is a plus.
- College Degree and sales experience is preferred.
Copper Mountain, LLC is an affirmative action employer and that age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other applicable status protected by state or local law, are not taken into account in any employment decision. We offer competitive benefits, employee housing, and a unique work atmosphere. All of our job opportunities are located at Copper Mountain Resort in Summit County, Colorado. 90 miles west of Denver, we are situated in the heart of Colorado's playground. All candidates must fill out an application to be considered for employment.
Can you see yourself here - Apply now!