Copper Mountain Resort
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Woodward Copper Terrain Park Hand Crew
at Copper Mountain Resort
Start Date (If not listed, look in the Job Description)Dec 1, 2019
Minimum Age Required for this Position18
Job Title: Woodward Copper Terrain Park Hand Crew
Job Status: Seasonal
Works primarily under the Supervision of the Terrain Park Manager, Terrain Park Hand Crew Supervisor and Hand Crew Leads. Works in a utility capacity, by transferring from one task to another, monitoring and maintaining terrain features in the terrain parks and other locations in a scheduled cycle established by Supervisor. Acts as host in regard to crowd supervision, safety awareness, education, Freestyle Terrain etiquette and guest relations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for opening and closing the Terrain Parks daily in accordance to the parameters established by Manager
- Responsible for continued maintenance, raking and shoveling of every feature in Terrain Park
- Installing and maintaining park signage, closures, trail markings, fencing, wind blades, banner etc.
- Responsible for daily placement of branding with drill and if needed event banners
- Responsible for assisting in the installment of Terrain Park Features
- Responsible for riding the parks and being a presence on snow, rain or shine and acting as host
- Responsible for assisting in any manner with photo shoots, events, contests etc. within the terrain parks or any other area
- Responsible for understanding that job hours may vary and run long with focus on weekends, holidays and events
- Responsible for Implementation and adherence to all risk management, health, and safety protocols
- Responsible for Educating staff and guests on all safety items set forth by Copper Mountain, Smart Style, and the Responsibility Code
- Help with feature ideas, design input, and give feedback on how the parks are performing.
Other Duties as Assigned:
- This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for this job and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of POWDR-Copper, the responsibilities of this position may change. The job must be prepared to accept new responsibilities and transfer others.
- Functions as an ambassador of Copper Mountain, modeling and sharing the Copper "culture" with our guests and employees. Upholds the most professional image. Continually strives to exceed our guest's expectations and create memories for our guests and staff.
- Is honest and has the highest integrity
- Is able to handle and manage confidential information
- Professional appearance. Adheres to all grooming guidelines
- Follows established policies and procedures
- Is supportive of Core Values
- Sets the example for others and is above reproach
- Is organized in tasks. Sees projects through to the finish. Has good follow-through and makes it a habit of getting back to people on issues.
- Can handle fast paced, potentially high-pressure environment
- Is flexible with hours and days of work
- Is able to work any hours of the day, any days of the week
- Prioritizes and re-prioritizes personal time and work, to have good balance in life
- Must be able to lift and move items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work in a cold alpine environment on uneven terrain for long periods of time.
- Must have a valid US Driver's license
- Must be able to communicate with immediate supervisor--oral and written.
- Must be able to follow all policies as described in the employee handbook.
- Must be able to ski/ride with tools or equipment.
- Required to use hand tools such as rakes, shovels, drills, and etc.
- Must be able to be to work on-time
Preferred Experience and Special Skills:
- Must have friendly, outgoing personality with commitment to provide the best experience for the guests at all times.
- Must be cool headed and able to receive criticism from guests.
- Must be a hard working team player and a self-starter able to take initiative.
- Must have strong skiing or snowboarding skills and have knowledge of freestyle skiing/riding.
- Any event/contest experiences an asset.
- Any First Aid/CPR certification an asset.
Copper Mountain, LLC is an affirmative action employer and that age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other applicable status protected by state or local law, are not taken into account in any employment decision. We offer competitive benefits, employee housing, and a unique work atmosphere. All of our job opportunities are located at Copper Mountain Resort in Summit County, Colorado. 90 miles west of Denver, we are situated in the heart of Colorado's playground. All candidates must fill out an application to be considered for employment.
Can you see yourself here - Apply now!