Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Restaurant General Manager
at Costa Vida
- Denver - Northfield
- Denver, CO, USA
are you passionate about serving amazing food? At Costa Vida we believe in "feeding people's hunger for happiness".
become part of the costa vida family and apply now!
REPORTS TO: District Manager
A Costa Vida General Manager is responsible and held accountable for the performance of all activities within the restaurant they are assigned to manage. All General Managers will maintain consistency while supporting their respective restaurant's business plan. General Managers need to become the subject matter expert in every aspect of their restaurant. In addition, a successful General Manager will learn to delegate to their Assistant General Manager(s) certain tasks to better manage their restaurant. They should also seek counsel from their District Manager for assistance and guidance on a regular basis.
THE ESSENTIAL ACTIONS THAT WILL MAXIMIZE SUCCESS FOR THE GENERAL MANAGER POSITION ARE:
FOOD STANDARDS, QUALITY, SAFETY and AWARENESS
- Ensures that food is kept within proper temperature guidelines.
- Serves as the "Food Safety Manager." Maintains HAACP program and executes by established standards.
- Sees that all recipes are adhered to and taste profile of food is accurate, fixing product when and where necessary.
- Responsible for inventory of prepared and non-prepared product.
PROVIDING the ULTIMATE GUEST EXPERIENCE
- Ensures all Guests are treated with dignity, respect and professionalism.
- Is aware of any Guest issues and sees they are handled in a fair and timely fashion. Follows up with Team Members regarding Guest feedback, providing training and coaching in any areas below standards.
- Builds relationships with Guests, leading to repeat visits and therefore increased sales. Methods including table touching, identifying repeat visitors then acting accordingly and extra efforts for kids.
TRAINING and DEVELOPMENT
- Actively recruits Team Members for staffing of the restaurant. Conducts weekly interviews to increase talent pool. Staffing the restaurant is the direct responsibility of the General Manager.
- Provides an environment where all Team Members are treated fairly and respected, so as to successfully operate, in addition to creating an atmosphere where Team Members want to be, grow and learn.
- Ensures that all Team Members are trained, motivated and empowered to meet and exceed Costa Vida standards. Provides feedback and coaching to strengthen skill set and execution..
EFFECTIVE BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
- Leads by providing the proper example for Team Members to follow.
- Develops and executes a business plan to achieve desired results; key elements including, but not limited to:
- Financial responsibilities including planning, P&L management and budgeting.
- Productivity, scheduling and labor planning.
- Local networking and marketing planning.
- Is positive and professional in all interactions with Team Members, Guests, Vendors and Colleagues.
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent. College degree preferred.
- Previous management experience (3 to 5 years), preferably within the hospitality industry, specifically food and beverage industry, (ideally: full service, fast casual or quick service) where supervising a minimum of 5 employees.
- Must have a valid driver's license accompanied with a good driving record and proof of insurance.
- Must have a telephone or other reliable means of communicating with all Team Members. Must be accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Imperative that an open door policy is maintained.
- Functioning knowledge of computers including, but not limited to: common email systems (i.e. gmail, yahoo), Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and basic software programs.
- Bi-lingual skills a plus.