Covenant Surgical Partners
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Licensed Practical Nurse
at Covenant Surgical Partners
We are hiring a Fulltime Licensed Practical Nurse at Digestive Health Associates located in Durango, Colorado.
The Nurse provides essential support to the operation of the practice and assists the physician in the assessment, treatment, care and related tasks for each patient.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform nursing procedures under supervision of Provider or Registered Nurse. A Provider refers to physician, physician assistant or nurse practitioner.
- Assist Provider in examination rooms.
- Escort patients to exam rooms, interviews patient, measures vital signs, including weight, blood pressure, pulse, temperature if indicated, and document all information in patient’s medical record.
- Give instructions to patients as instructed by Provider. Carries out orders and arranges for testing/treatment for the patient under the direction of the provider.
- Ensure all related reports, labs and information is available in patients’ medical records prior to their appointment.
- Stock exam rooms with adequate medical supplies.
- Clean, package and sterilize instruments per manufacturer’s guidelines. Take telephone messages. Triage and process messages from patients/outside healthcare facilities to Provider and provide feedback a timely manner.
- Maintain accurate record keeping.
- Maintain quality control logs and required checks (i.e. refrigerator temperatures, expired medication samples).
- Assist in provisions for safe, clean and orderly environment for patients and fellow employees.
- Conduct phone interviews of patients as part of our Open Access process.
- Must display exceptional customer service and professional phone etiquette.
- Ability to maintain effective and organized systems and processes to ensure timely patient flow
- Assist with orientation of new staff members.
- Refer situations beyond scope of practice to appropriate staff member.
- Demonstrate accountability for own actions and represents self in a professional manner.
- Perform other duties as requested or assigned.
1. Three years clinical experience preferred in the healthcare setting or procedural healthcare including demonstrated knowledge of sterile technique, and other clinical situations found in a procedural setting.
2. Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with physicians and all medical professionals.
3. Holds current LPN/LVN license in the state of Colorado.
4. Current certification in Advanced cardiac life support.
BENEFITS OFFERED TO FULLTIME ASSOCIATES: BCBS Medical Insurance, Dental, Vision, Rx coverage, Medical Spending Accounts, Voluntary Supplemental Insurance (Short term/Long term disability), 401K Retirement plan Company match, Wellness options, generous Tuition assistance, Paid vacation, Paid holidays and more!