Covenant Surgical Partners
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Covenant Surgical Partners
We are hiring a Fulltime Medical Assistant at Digestive Health Associates located in Durango, Colorado
This position will include both front and back office duties such as scheduling appointments, checking in patients, phone triage, rooming patients, obtaining vitals, assisting physicians, and any other duties as assigned. We are looking for someone with a great attitude and solid prior experience in both Medical Assisting and medical front office. The ideal candidate will be detail oriented, strong at multi-tasking and dedicated to high quality patient care.
- Assists with timely flow of patient encounters by preparing the patient exam rooms, collecting appropriate equipment or supplies as requested.
- May perform procedures under supervision of physician or physician assistant/nurse practitioner.
- Assist physician or physician assistant/nurse practitioner in exam rooms.
- Escort patients to exam rooms, interviews patient, measure vital signs, including weight, blood pressure, pulse, temperature if indicated, and document all information in patient’s chart.
- Give instructions to patients as instructed by Provider.
- Carries out orders and arranges for testing/treatment for the patient under the direction of the provider.
- Maintains medical records and ensures proper chart documentation and accurate record keeping.
- Ensure all related reports, labs and information is available in patients’ medical records prior to their appointment.
- Keep exam rooms stocked with adequate medical supplies, maintain instruments and prepare sterilization as required.
- Take telephone messages and provide feedback and answers to patient/Provider/pharmacy calls in a timely manner.
- Triage and process messages from patients and front office staff to Providers.
- Maintain all logs and required checks (i.e. refrigerator temperatures, expired medication samples).
- Assists in provisions for safe, clean and orderly environment for patients and fellow employees.
- Maintains patient confidentiality at all times.
- All other duties as assigned by practice manager or lead nurse.
- Demonstrated knowledge of potential exposure to hazardous materials (i.e. patient body fluids, disinfectant chemicals) and location of SDS sheets.
- High School Graduate or equivalent.
- Minimum of 1 year prior experience as a Medical Assistant preferred; current CMA certification strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, procedures and diagnosis
- Prior scheduling and EMR experience strongly preferred.
- Must be able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently or in a team setting.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong commitment to patient care and privacy guidelines.
- Ability to perform phlebotomy and administer injections (if applicable).
BENEFITS OFFERED TO FULLTIME ASSOCIATES: BCBS Medical Insurance, Dental, Vision, Rx coverage, Medical Spending Accounts, Voluntary Supplemental Insurance (Short term/Long term disability), 401K Retirement plan Company match, Wellness options, generous Tuition assistance, Paid vacation, Paid holidays and more!