Credit Union of Colorado
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Associate Applications Developer
at Credit Union of Colorado
This is an associate level role with software or web application development training, education, support or similar background.
Under general direction of senior developers or supervisor, the associate Applications Developer develops, tests, debugs, and modifies applications programs to meet business requirements. May carry out or participate in problem analysis and system design preparatory to development of programs. May advice on operating problems of assigned programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. May perform other duties as requested or assigned.
- Must be member centric, have curiosity, strong desire to continuous learn new technologies, embrace change and innovation, and evolve personal growth to support changing architecture landscape and to improve members experiences.
- Writes and maintains documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, testing, changes, and corrections.
- Work with other internal and external developers to develop, maintain, and integrate applications to meet business requirements, to automate specific business processes, and comply with software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) best practices.
- Good organization skills, attention to detail, and strong sense of accountability to ensure codes are developed with quality in mind, codes are version controlled, peer reviewed, performance tuned, and follow best practices.
- Basic knowledge of database, systems, applications integrations, network, and microservices and has good understanding of how it all fits together and is managed to meet member experience.
- Must be willing to be part of IT on-call rotation team, work non-typical work weeks and weekends, when needed.
- Will professionally and positively work directly with third party vendors while representing the integrity and reputation of CUOFCO.
- Use judgment to prioritize and manage all projects as assigned and solicit direction as necessary.
- Provides excellent service by demonstrating courtesy and personal concern for members and co-workers needs and follows-up to ensure those needs are met.
- Adhere to all Federal and State laws and regulations applicable to the credit union, including the Bank Secrecy Act and OFAC.
- Responsible for compliance with the Fair and Accurate Credit Transaction Act (FACTA), the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and the Anti Money Laundering Act, including monitoring for such illegal activity as it applies to this position.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is typically required to sit for long periods. The employee continually is required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop and reach with hands and arms. The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Creates trust by building relationships and actively discovers the right solutions for Members and peers; understands that the credit union exists as a result of Member trust and loyalty in the organization and employees; is passionate and dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external Members.
COOPERATION AND TEAMWORK
Relates well to all kinds of people; builds appropriate rapport; works harmoniously with others; uses and understands diplomacy and tact; encourages collaboration; seeks opinions; is candid with peers; values working relationships. Readily puts in extra effort to accomplish important tasks.
Understands the member’s best interest is first; demonstrates decisions which are based on creating the best possible outcome for the member; makes decisions based on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; most recommendations and decisions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice and solutions.
Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems creating effective solutions; is resilient and will own the solution and the problem; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
Pushes self and others to achieve the best possible results for the Member, organization and employees; proactively seeks out opportunities; raises hand, rather than waits to be asked; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; understands that it’s OK to make a mistake (fail forward).
Learns on the fly; is a relentless, versatile and an active learner; open to change; can learn new skills and knowledge; analyzes both successes and failures for opportunities to improve; understands that different situations and levels may call for different skills and approaches; works to deploy strengths; works on compensating for weaknesses and limits.
A cultural mindset that supports new ideas, fosters experimentation and drives continuous improvement to deliver member value.
Combines and brings forward ideas in unique ways to make connections between disparate ideas; willingness to explore different lines of thought and suggestions and try new ideas through experimentation, views situations from multiple perspectives; brainstorms multiple approaches/solutions to benefit members.
We are an EEO Employer