Credit Union of Colorado
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IT Application Developer Supervisor
at Credit Union of Colorado
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: This position is formally called: IT Core Services Solution Development (CSSD) Supervisor. The CSSD Supervisor is a highly technical position responsible for day to day supervision of the CSSD team as well as supporting the organizations Solutions Development practices. This role will lead a high performing agile scrum team of developers in delivering enhancements, configurations, solutions and data conversion/integration/migration services for our Core Banking Platform. They will serve as Scrum Master to prioritize assign and manage work for the Solution Development team. The Supervisor will collaborate with key technical and business stakeholders across the organization to design, develop and implement solutions. Though their leadership this role will develop, challenge, mentor and coach team members to deliver cutting-edge solutions for our internal and external members. They will provide technical development over site to a wide range of projects and initiatives. There will be hands-on coding as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Supervise as well as actively participate with the team and workload to own the technical development architecture, core development, data migration, data conversion, and data service road map for the organization
- Perform productively at many levels, from the abstract world of software development & architecture to the concrete day-to-day world of operations support, issue resolution, enhancement development, and maintenance of systems
- Design, implement, integrate and support multiple platform solutions, including SaaS and desktop environments
- Collaborate with Cyber Security team members to draft software development policies, enforce Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) best practices, and create document templates & processes to support SDLC
- Collaborate across multiple product owners to create data-centric and customer focused solutions
- Diagnose and resolve systemic and process road blocks preventing your team from delivering timely high-quality work
- Lead stakeholder interviews and serve as subject matter expert when needed to assist with business requirements, technical impact assessment, and solution recommendations
- Be accountable for meeting project, team, and department deadlines
- Reviews Symitar core system policy and procedure and make formal recommendations for enhancements
- Tests and documents host system controls with new product modules as they are approved and implemented
- Reviews and keeps abreast of compliance and regulatory policies as they relate to core processing and make recommendation for modifications. Assists in documentation of core system user policies and procedures.
- Works proactively to identify issues and/or areas where processes could be improved. Identifies data processing exceptions. Analyzes problems and provides technical assistance to solve them.
- Provides a proactive approach when troubleshooting to avoid system downtime.
- Consults with department managers and share holders to identify areas of operations that could be improved using system tools and applications.
- Participates in I.T. and credit union projects and goals with an emphasis on research of the impact of key areas as they relate to the core processes.
- Works directly with vendors for resolution of product deficiencies and participate in vendors beta and pilot testing.
- Supports system upgrades and its related components and trains employees in the organization as necessary.
- Participates in disaster recover planning and documentation for core processing system.
- Preserves confidentiality of credit union records
- Keeps work area secure and well maintained
- Provide excellent service by demonstrating courtesy and personal concern for members and co-workers needs and follow up to ensure those needs are met.
- Adhere to all Federal and State laws and regulations applicable to the credit union, including the Bank Secrecy Act and OFAC.
- Responsible for compliance with the Fair and Accurate Credit Transaction Act (FACTA), the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and the Anti Money Laundering Act, including monitoring for such illegal activity as is applies to this position.
- Additional duties as assigned
Directly supervises employees and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees, planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree (B.A.) from an accredited four (4) year college or university and 2 years related experience; or four years in a related field; or any combination of experience and/or training equivalent to Bachelor's degree in a related field, plus five years related experience.
- Five (5) years of development experience, preferably in financial services.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level.
- Demonstrated Development Team experience in Agile or Agile Like environment.
- Exemplary technical and business assessment skills to evaluate strategic value of developed solutions and work processes to serve members and employees.
COMPUTER EQUIPMENT AND SOFTWARE REQUIREMENTS:
- Financial Core System Management - Symitar/JHA or similar FI Core experience
- Familiar with Agile Scrum concepts
- Experience working with Project Management Office (PMO) and Business Intelligence teams
- Data architecture or analyst, data integration, data conversion, and Data migration experience
- Additional knowledge of the following a plus:
- Power On (Reports Generator), Power Framework, and Symform Programming
- Experience with creating data models that support efficient exchange of data and information using Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Enterprise Service Bus (ESB), and Cloud Integrators (MuleSoft, iPaaS, etc.)
- ITIL Foundations Certification
- Certified Scrum Master
CORE COMPETENCIES and SKILLS
MEMBER FOCUSED Seeks and used first-hand member information to improve products and services; Acts with the member in mind. Is never satisfied; always thinks continuous improvement.
TEAMWORK Can inspire and motivate entire units or organizations. Blends people into teams when needed and leverages individuals’ strengths. Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully.
DECISION QUALITY Conveys a sense of urgency for arriving at a decision, when appropriate. Has an opinion, takes a stand. Is able to build upon others ideas and facts to form a better decision.
PROBLEM SOLVING Seeks opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems while prioritizing urgent issues. Brings issues to closure. Challenges and supports decisions of direct reports through coaching to the best outcome.
ACTION ORIENTED Overcomes procrastination through execution. Places a top priority on getting results.
ADAPTABLE Embraces and drives change. Assists others through transitioning to new state. Is self-aware of areas of opportunity and strengths.
STRATEGIC AGILITY Thinks/plans strategically. Understands the organization’s vision, mission, and goals and can articulate to others. Defines/owns vision/purpose and aligns ideas to inspire others to follow. Looks to the future and adjusts strategic actions and goals based on anticipated future state.
LEADING Makes decisions and acts in ways consistent with our core values; Demonstrates
COURAGEOUSLY the courage to do what is right despite personal risk or discomfort. Challenges others to
THROUGH make tough choices. Communicates a compelling and inspired vision or sense
VISION AND VALUES of core purpose and makes the vision shareable by everyone.
INNOVATION A cultural mindset that supports new ideas, fosters experimentation and drives continuous improvement to deliver member value.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. They must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to risk of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vibration.
No hazardous or significantly unpleasant conditions (such as in a typical office). Subject to periodic stress.
WE ARE AN EEO EMPLOYER