Credit Union of Colorado
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Process Improvement Manager (66792)
at Credit Union of Colorado
General Purpose of the Position
Provides continual service improvement and process improvement methodologies and discipline throughout the organization. The Process Improvement Manager is responsible for acting as a change agent and process improvement champion; identify, lead and implement process improvement projects to solve business process problems by leveraging sound process improvement accepted frameworks, disciplines and practices. Serves as a subject matter expert using process management best practices, methodologies, tools and techniques, and as a process management resource to executives, senior leaders, managers, projects and initiatives. This position will interact and lead staff and teams from all areas of the organization in a matrix structure. The is both a strategic and operational role, requiring establishment and management of expectations within business and technical teams.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. May perform other duties as requested or assigned.
- Act as a driving force in managing process improvement initiatives across the enterprise by working with business leaders to identify waste in processes, deliver business benefits and promote a culture of continuous improvement.
- Consult with the business and executive management to develop strategic recommendations and improve cross-functional business processes at an enterprise level.
- Direct development of continuous improvement initiatives, consult with, and influence internal stakeholders, creating value and buy-in as the process improvement expert. Identify and recommend opportunities to enhance productivity, effectiveness and operational efficiency of business units and/or teams.
- Lead process improvement initiatives through the use of measurements, analysis and discussion of process alternatives to arrive at viable solutions and best practices.
- Identify and document opportunities for process automation (e.g. robotics); develop business cases, and prepare recommendations for presentation to senior leadership Collaborates with credit union staff to stay abreast on innovative technologies necessary to deliver high quality projects while meeting organizational expectations.
- Continuously evaluate and recommend new process improvement and service improvement methods. Regularly monitors and analyzes industry news related to key accounts, assesses the impact to our strategic plan and appropriately communicates opportunities, challenges and course-corrections.
- Collaborates to assist business units as they develop and maintain solutions that are innovative, user friendly and member-centric. Aligns all process improvement work with membership needs, organizational strategic areas of focus, and credit union core competencies.
- Demonstrate a service-oriented mindset focusing on member service, member experience and creating partnerships within the Credit Union. Support a positive work environment that promotes service to the business, quality, innovation and teamwork and ensure timely communication of issues/ points of interest.
- Adhere to all Federal and State laws and regulations applicable to the credit union, including the Bank Secrecy Act and OFAC. Adheres to all regulatory requirements, both within the credit union industry and in general. Maintain an understanding of regulations and other external drivers that may affect the organization.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree and/or Certification(s) in Process Improvement, business, or related field, or equivalent in related work experience. Minimum of six (6) or more years of progressive experience managing complex business process improvement, business analysis, and/or continual service improvement and minimum of three (3) or more years of experience leading process improvement teams; or an appropriate combination of education and experience. Problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level. Advanced interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
General knowledge of current technologies and products used in Fintech industry.
Lean, Six Sigma, ITIL Service Improvement, Kaizen or other process improvement methodologies
Knowledge: Microsoft Office Applications (MS Project, Visio, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and SharePoint)
Other: Strategic Planning, Policy Development, Software Development Lifecycle, Program/Project Management, Leadership, Banking Standards, and Relationship Management
Additional knowledge of the following a plus:
Experience building a enterprise Process Improvement function
Digitization, AI/automation and emerging technologies/techniques
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is typically required to sit for long periods. The employee continually is required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop and reach with hands and arms. The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Seeks and uses first-hand member information to improve products and services. Acts with the member in mind. Is never satisfied.
COOPERATION AND TEAMWORK
Can inspire and motivate entire units or organizations. Blends people into teams when needed and leverages individuals’ strengths. Willing to balance support for organizational initiatives over own department needs. Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully.
Conveys a sense of urgency for arriving at a decision, when appropriate. Has an opinion, takes a stand. Is able to build upon others’ ideas and facts to form a better decision.
Seeks opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems while prioritizing urgent issues. Brings issues to closure. Challenges and supports decisions of direct reports through coaching to the best outcome.
Overcomes procrastination through execution. Places a top priority on getting results.
Embraces and drives change. Assists others through transitioning to a new state. Is self-aware of areas of opportunity and strengths.
Creates an environment that encourages innovative solutions or improvements and fosters experimentation for the benefit of the members. Recognizes and rewards those who take initiative with new approaches and act in a creative manner. Assesses, manages and takes calculated risks to achieve goals. Constantly looks for ways to improve products, processes and infrastructure of the organization to enhance employee and member benefit. Stays abreast of current and future trends both in and outside of industry to forecast and build future business vision including on-going evaluation of future directions and associated risks.
Thinks/plans strategically. Understands the organization’s vision, mission, and goals and can articulate to others. Defines/owns vision/purpose and aligns ideas to inspire others to follow. Looks to the future and adjusts strategic actions and goals based on anticipated future state.
LEADING COURAGEOUSLY THROUGH VISION AND VALUES
Makes decisions and acts in ways consistent with our core values; demonstrates the courage to do what is right despite personal risk or discomfort. Challenges others to make tough choices. Communicates a compelling and inspired vision or sense of core purpose and makes the vision sharable by everyone.
MARKET KNOWLEDGE & COMPETITIVE MINDSET
Knows the basics of the market and business context. Aware of local and national competitors. Understands the similarities and differences of our business model to other financial institutions. Brings forth ideas to keep our business competitive.
Fosters an environment that encourages fiscal responsibility. Maintains and applies a general understanding of financial management principles to ensure decisions are fiscally sound and responsible. Prepares and manages the budget for area of responsibility. Uses cost-benefit thinking to align priorities. Identifies cost effective approaches. Brings forward any financial concerns to the attention of Senior Management.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer