Cushman & Wakefield, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Cushman & Wakefield, inc.
Job TitleProperty Manager
Job Description SummaryPOSITION SUMMARY
Responsible for the management of a property (or group of properties) for a client and fulfill the manager’s obligations under the terms of the property’s management agreement
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for all lease administration duties
• Monitor collections and coordinate default proceedings
• Ensure compliance with Property Management Policies and Procedures, codes, regulations, and governmental agency directives
• Provide management and leadership to property staff, including hiring and performance management
• Develop comprehensive annual inspection process for properties; complete weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual inspections as required for a specific asset, C&W’s best practices, and/or client requirements
• Develop operating and capital budgets, track variances, oversee the completion of CAM reconciliations, and ensure smooth recovery process
• Bid, negotiate, and manage conformity with vendor contracts in accordance with C&W’s contract requirements or client requirements
• Accurately abstract all property leases in lease administration software
• Maintain interface with third-party owners and accounting team to ensure total contract compliance, including preparation of accurate and timely reporting
• Coordinate and oversee on behalf of client, all tenant and building construction work to ensure timely and accurate completion of all construction work at property
• Participate in leasing and client team meetings and ensure effective communication between leasing and property management team members in order to achieve client’s goals and objectives
• Provide and foster positive relationships with tenants, external clients, and internal clients
1. Communication Proficiency (oral and written)
2. Problem Solving/Analysis
3. Leadership Skills
4. Teamwork Orientation
5. Time Management Skills
6. Customer/Client Focus (internal and external)
7. Financial Acumen
• Bachelor Degree in Business Administration or related discipline preferred
• 3+ years of real estate property management or related experience
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS
• CPM, RPA, or CSM designation or in process
• Possess real estate license
• Strong knowledge of finance and building operations
• Ability to analyze, prioritize, and delegate
• Ability to effectively manage a team of professionals, including both employees and vendors
• Previous experience in analyzing and negotiating commercial lease and/or contract language
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate with others and exchange accurate information; operate a computer and other office productivity machinery; move about the workplace; remain in a stationary position for up to 90% of the time; and extend hands and arms in any direction.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Note: This job description includes the core responsibilities for C&W. These duties may have slight modifications based on the regional location.
About Cushman & Wakefield
Cushman & Wakefield is a global leader in commercial real estate services, helping clients transform the way people work, shop, and live. The firm’s 43,000 employees in more than 60 countries provide deep local and global insights that create significant value for occupiers and investors around the world. Cushman & Wakefield is among the largest commercial real estate services firms with revenues of $5 billion across core services of agency leasing, asset services, capital markets, facility services (branded C&W Services), global occupier services, investment management (branded DTZ Investors), project & development services, tenant representation and valuation & advisory. To learn more, visit www.cushmanwakefield.com or follow @CushWake on Twitter.
For US Applicants:
Cushman & Wakefield is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer. All individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees during employment are treated without regard to any of these characteristics.We hire the most talented professionals and invest in superior resources and technologies. The talent of our extraordinary people and the culture and business approach we foster, coupled with the exceptional, creative services we provide and the results we deliver worldwide for owners, occupiers, and investors are what distinguishes Cushman & Wakefield.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws
Cushman & Wakefield is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States. Please click on the following links for more information:
This Organization Participates in E-Verify
Right to Work
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position at Cushman & Wakefield, please call 1-888-365-5406 or email HRServices@cushwake.com