Cyclone Drilling, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Cyclone Drilling, Inc.
The Motor Hand Position is our second-level position at Cyclone Drilling. Generally, employees will start as a Floor Hand and work their way up to the Motor Hand position. Generally, if you have experience as a Floor or Motor Hand, you'll be hired as a Floor Hand and promoted after being employed for a time. The majority of applicants who are hired have 6 months or more experience working on a large Oil and Gas drilling Rig.
· High School Diploma or GED
· 6+ months experience on a large oil and gas drilling rig
· Effective written and verbal communications
· US Citizen or Green Card holder
· 1+ years experience on a large oil and gas drilling rig
· Safeland USA Training
· History of employment showing long commitment to each employer
The Motorhand works under the direct supervision of the Driller and is primarily responsible for taking care of all the motors on the rig. He/she must have a mechanical mind and the ability to trouble shoot, identify and repair minor problems that arise.
Other responsibilities include racking pipe on the rack on board when coming out of the hole and fill pipe when going in the hole. He/she is responsible for operation of the closing unit when shutting the well
- Performing tourly engine maintenance of all engines and electric motors including:
- Check oil in all engines and top off as necessary
- Check coolant levels and top off as necessary. Check antifreeze when needed
- Check operating temperatures of all engines
- Change oil, oil filters, fuel filters and scheduled intervals
- Check oil pressure, temperature, fuel pressure and radiator water levels
- Maintain tourly engine and equipment reports in detail and advise Driller on condition of engines. Notify Driller immediately of any changes in engine operations
- Check bearings of equipment for abnormal heat and/or vibrations
- Maintain and service boiler and air heater
- Assist mechanics with all on-location repairs
- Advise Driller on status of supplies necessary to perform duties
- Must be able to also perform Floorhand job duties when needed which include:
- Making connections while drilling and tripping
- Changing bits
- Cleaning and performing maintenance work on the drilling rig
- Assist in rigging down, moving and rigging up all parts of the rig
- Miscellaneous tasks such as mixing mud, digging ditches and location cleanup Requirements Include:
- Must be in good health and physical conditions; job duties are often physically strenuous
- Must have some degree of mechanical aptitude and be capable of learning and performing job duties and be able to keep up with the rest of the crew
- Must be capable of assuming responsibilities and maintaining good working relationships with co-workers
- Must perform each operation in the safety manner possible as well as complying with all safety and health standards, rules, regulations and orders for the prevention of accidents
- The employee is responsible for his/her own transportation to and from the work site and is expected to be on time.
- Must be able to stand for 10 to 12 hours and walk for about 3 hours throughout the workday
- Must be able to lift/carry between 10 to 50 pounds frequently with occasional lifting of 20 to 100 pounds throughout the workday
- Must be able to kneel, reach and regularly work at heights exceeding 4 feet above the work surface during the day as well as occasional bending throughout the workday
- Must be able to grasp occasionally during the day and frequently push and pull objects throughout the workday
About Cyclone Drilling, Inc
At Cyclone Drilling, we believe that the hiring and training of good people is critical for the continued success of our company. The foundation of Cyclone Drilling’s success starts with solid leadership that knows how to foster a positive and safe work environment, while providing competitive compensation and benefits. If you believe in delivering high quality work and developing your talents in a team environment, then you would be a good addition to the Cyclone Drilling team. Employment opportunities exist in Colorado, North Dakota, Montana and Wyoming. Cyclone Drilling is known for providing superior solutions through teamwork with our industry's leading professionals who complete tasks successfully.