Denver Dumb Friends League Jobs
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Pet Admissions Associate
at Denver Dumb Friends League Jobs
Are you compassionate about animals and have a desire to speak for those who cannot?
For over 100 years, the Dumb Friends League has been working to end pet homelessness and animal suffering by providing a strong and steadfast voice for those who cannot speak for themselves. As the largest community-based animal welfare organization in the region, we care for more than 20,000 homeless pets and horses each year at our four facilities and are a national model in animal welfare.
• Deliver high-level customer service to the League’s patrons.
• Provide daily animal relinquishment, stray, and evaluation services.
• Provide end-of-life care for animals at their owner’s request.
• Interview patrons to gather information to create animal records in Chameleon database.
• Manage emotionally difficult situations with strong communication skills.
• Provide information about League resources and programs.
• Prepare and reconcile statements of daily financial transactions.
• Safely handle, restrain, and move animals. This includes coordination and movement to address contagion concerns.
• Perform basic behavior and health evaluation to determine path of animal.
• Administer vaccinations and preventative medications.
• Communicate with other departments to coordinate and assist with care of shelter animals.
• Contribute to and lead initiatives to improve processes and procedures.
• Clean and sanitize evaluation and intake areas.
• Perform euthanasia and related tasks.