Denver Dumb Friends League Jobs
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Pet Adoptions Associate
at Denver Dumb Friends League Jobs
Are you compassionate about animals and have a desire to speak for those who cannot? Do you like making a difference in lives for both animals and people? Do you work well in a fast-paced team environment? DFL needs you!
For over 100 years, the Dumb Friends League has been working to end pet homelessness and animal suffering by providing a strong and steadfast voice for those who cannot speak for themselves. We care for more than 20,000 homeless pets and horses each year at our four facilities and are a national model in animal welfare. As a Pet Adoptions Associate, you will provide humane care for sheltered animals, maintain kennel facilities while completing adoption counseling to shelter patrons.
- Thoroughly clean and sanitize animal kennel and other work areas.
- Provide care, health, and handling of the animals.
- Assist with coordination of kenneling and movement of animals.
- Direct and provide guidance for volunteers.
- Monitor and maintain food and supplies.
- Greet, interact with, and provide information to League’s patrons.
- Meet with potential adopters to gather and give information to assist in the process of adopting an animal.
- Review and complete adoption paperwork.
- Perform data entry to update animal records.
- Handle and move animals and facilitate the interaction between animals and patrons.
- Assist with intake of animals and veterinarian services tasks.
- Perform or assist with maintenance of equipment.
- Contribute to and lead initiatives to improve processes and procedures.
- Perform data entry and documentation to update animal records.
People are the key to fulfilling our mission. Making internal and external patrons and their needs a primary focus is expected in all situations. This position interacts with and collaborates with employees at all levels of the organization. Communication occurs through face to face, telephone, and electronic interactions and may also include contact with the general public and League business partners. Communication and contact must be clear, understandable, cooperative, professional and respectful in all circumstances. Employees are expected to actively support a positive team environment, directly address conflict, and appropriately express concerns.