Denver Dumb Friends League Jobs
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Spay/Neuter Veterinary Assistant (PT) (Asistente en la Clínica de Cirugía)
at Denver Dumb Friends League Jobs
- Assist technicians and veterinarians in the performance of medical and surgical procedures.
- Monitor patient recovery following surgery.
- Communicate with patrons clearly and professionally regarding surgery and post-operative care.
- Perform surgical check-in and discharge procedures with patrons.
- Administer medications as directed to cats & dogs presented for surgery.
- Clean, disinfect, and maintain surgical areas on both mobile units and stationary spay/neuter clinic.
- Handle and move animals prior to and following surgical procedures, restraining animals as needed.
- Maintain medical equipment and supplies.
- Perform accurate patron and animal recordkeeping.
- Contribute to and lead initiatives to improve processes and procedures.
- Perform occasional euthanasia and related tasks.
People are the key to fulfilling our mission. Making internal and external patrons and their needs a primary focus is expected in all situations. This position interacts with and collaborates with employees at all levels of the organization. Communication occurs through face to face, telephone, and electronic interactions and may also include contact with the general public and League business partners. Communication and contact must be clear, understandable, cooperative, professional and respectful in all circumstances. Employees are expected to actively support a positive team environment, directly address conflict, and appropriately express concerns.
Competencies are work behaviors and expectations necessary for successful job performance. They encompass knowledge, skills, abilities, attitudes, and actions.
Organizational competencies apply to all jobs at the League; position competencies are specific to this position.
- Attention to Detail
- Managing Resources
- Technical Expertise
- Decision Making
- Results Oriented
- Time Management
- Analytical Thinking
- Conflict Management