Denver Dumb Friends League Jobs
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Veterinary Assistant - Quebec St Shelter
at Denver Dumb Friends League Jobs
Are you compassionate about animals and have a desire to speak for those who cannot? For over 100 years, the Dumb Friends League has been working to end pet homelessness and animal suffering by providing a strong and steadfast voice for those who cannot speak for themselves. As the largest community-based animal welfare organization in the region, we care for more than 20,000 homeless pets and horses each year at our four facilities and are a national model in animal welfare. If you work well with people too, join our team and help us provide that voice. As a Veterinary Assistant, you will assist in providing medical care and treatment for animals.
• Assist technicians and veterinarians in the performance of medical and surgical procedures.
• Administer medications as directed to shelter animals.
• Clean, disinfect, and maintain surgical and medical areas.
• Maintain medical equipment and supplies.
• Handle and move animals prior to and following medical procedures, restraining animals as needed.
• Perform data entry to update animal records.
• Perform clinic reception duties including handling incoming phone calls, greeting and assisting patrons, scheduling appointments, and filling prescription orders.
• Contribute to and lead initiatives to improve processes and procedures.
• Perform euthanasia and related tasks.
People are the key to fulfilling our mission. Making internal and external patrons and their needs a primary focus is expected in all situations. This position interacts with and collaborates with employees at all levels of the organization. Communication occurs through face to face, telephone, and electronic interactions and may also include contact with the general public and League business partners. Communication and contact must be clear, understandable, cooperative, professional and respectful in all circumstances. Employees are expected to actively support a positive team environment, directly address conflict, and appropriately express concerns.