Denver Dumb Friends League Jobs
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Veterinary Technician - Pet Resource Center
at Denver Dumb Friends League Jobs
Purpose of Position: Provide wellness exams, vaccinations and spay/neuter services for cats & dogs seen at community events and mobile surgery units. Assist with Pet Resource Center events as needed.
- Assist veterinarians in spay/neuter procedures on the surgical mobile unit or at the stationary clinic.
- Administer anesthesia and monitor animals under anesthesia.
- Monitor patient recovery following surgery.
- Medicate, vaccinate, and treat animals as prescribed by veterinarian.
- Provide medical assistance and counseling to patrons.
- Provide support and guidance to veterinary assistants and volunteers.
- Clean, disinfect, and maintain work areas on mobile unit.
- Maintain medical equipment including requesting service as necessary.
- Maintain supply inventory and complete weekly ordering as necessary.
- Perform accurate patron and animal recordkeeping, including controlled substance logs.
- Contribute to and lead initiatives to improve processes and procedures.
Pet Resource Center
- Assist with on-site coordination and duties during community events including vaccine clinics and pet hygiene classes.
- Provide general information about resource center services.
- Assist in scheduling appointments for spay/neuter surgeries and resource center community events.