Denver Dumb Friends League Jobs
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Veterinary Technician - Solutions Veterinary Hospital
at Denver Dumb Friends League Jobs
Are you compassionate about animals and have a desire to speak for those who cannot? For over 100 years, the Dumb Friends League has been working to end pet homelessness and animal suffering by providing a strong and steadfast voice for those who cannot speak for themselves. As the largest community-based animal welfare organization in the region, we care for more than 20,000 homeless pets and horses each year at our four facilities and are a national model in animal welfare. If you work well with people too, join our team and help us provide that voice.
Purpose of Position: Assist veterinarians in providing medical care and treatment for animals, and exceptional customer service to patrons. This position works directly with underserved community members and their pets to provide high quality, affordable veterinary care.
- Collect samples for testing and perform laboratory tests.
- Take and develop x-rays.
- Medicate, vaccinate, and treat animals as prescribed by veterinarian.
- Administer anesthesia and monitor animals under anesthesia.
- Assist veterinarians in medical and surgical procedures.
- Assist with proper animal handling and restraint.
- Provide medical assistance and counseling to patrons.
- Fill client prescriptions and maintain drug logs as required.
- Use and maintain medical equipment.
- Perform physical examination of animals.
- Perform data entry to update animal records.
- Clean and maintain work areas.
- Contribute to and lead initiatives to improve processes and procedures.
People are the key to fulfilling our mission. Making internal and external patrons and their needs a primary focus is expected in all situations. This position interacts with and collaborates with employees at all levels of the organization. Communication occurs through face to face, telephone, and electronic interactions and may also include contact with League business partners. Communication and contact must be clear, understandable, cooperative, professional and respectful in all circumstances. Employees are expected to actively support a positive team environment, directly address conflict, and appropriately express concerns.
Competencies are work behaviors and expectations necessary for successful job performance. They encompass knowledge, skills, abilities, attitudes, and actions.
Organizational competencies apply to all jobs at the League; position competencies are specific to this position.
- Attention to Detail
- Managing Resources
- Technical Expertise
- Decision Making
- Results Oriented
- Time Management
- Analytical Thinking
- Conflict Management
The Dumb Friends League is an Equal Opportunity Employer.