Denver Public Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Adjunct Practical Nursing Instructor
at Denver Public Schools
EMILY GRIFFITH TECHNICAL COLLEGE
Adjunct Practical Nursing Instructor (one Course )
Pay Rate: Salary based on education and experience
This faculty member will perform instructional duties and related activities in accordance with the philosophies and procedures of Emily Griffith Technical College resulting in effective delivery of the nursing program and achievement of identified outcomes. Under the supervision of the Director of the Nursing Education Program and the Instructional Dean, Health Sciences, the Practical Nursing Instructor will also assist with compliance with the accrediting agencies and in maintaining the overall integrity of the nursing program
- Work cohesively within the strategic direction, mission, and goals of the institution
- Teach assigned courses with demonstrated competency with multiple instructional delivery methods and focus on effective assessment.
- Demonstrate teaching skills and knowledge to perform a variety of functions in the area of Practical Nursing
- Recruit, schedule, and participate in program Advisory Committee
- Write unit lesson plans, daily lesson plans, and various written and performance assessments in the classroom and lab setting
- Prepare and maintain the Practical Nursing curriculum to meet the requirements of the Colorado State Board of Nursing and ACEN
- Maintain discipline and enforce rules of conduct and behavior in accordance with school policy
- Maintain accurate student records, including attendance, grades, and overall performance using appropriate software systems used by the institution
- Maintain appropriate inventory for all program equipment, materials, and supplies
- Supervise and maintain the cleanliness of the classroom/lab
- Oversee and maintain the safety of the students and working environment
- Attend and participate in faculty, departmental, advisory committee, and other professional meetings
- Participate in professional development activities to remain current with industry practices and advancements
- Team-teach with partner instructors and coordinate student learning activities
- Work with partner instructors on program development and review for students learning
- Prepare students to sit for and pass the NCLEX Practical Nursing exam
- Teach all standards and requirements outlined in the individual course syllabi and program approval
- Serve as model in demonstrating correct human relation skills for students to emulate
- Help to maintain professional relationships with clinical sites
- Supervise and evaluate students at clinical sites
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Nursing Education and/or the Instructional Dean, Health Sciences and/or his/her designee.
Education & Experience:
- Must possess or have the ability to acquire a full-time postsecondary Career and Technical Education Credential
- Must possess a current and unencumbered State of Colorado Registered Nurse license
- Must possess or have the ability to acquire a current basic life support certification
- At least 4,000 hours of non-teaching occupational experience in a health care setting within the last five years required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing. Master’s Degree in Nursing preferred, including at least 18 credits in a related field
- Two years’ experience in nursing education
- Two years teaching experience in a technical college or community college preferred.
- Simulation lab coordination experience preferred
- Online/Hybrid teaching experience preferred
About Emily Griffith Technical College
Emily Griffith Technical College, a division of Denver Public Schools, is Colorado's most unique public college. We offer an extensive curriculum including nearly 50 certificate programs and 500 courses. We have established a reputation for being one of the region's most diverse learning environments assisting more than 1.6 million students since our inception.
The Emily Griffith Technical College was founded nearly 100 years ago, and we still use the motto coined by Emily Griffith herself: For all who wish to learn and expand their horizons and chart their own course for success. We are looking for individuals that demonstrate and share the DPS Core Values of Integrity, Equity, Accountability, Collaboration, Fun and putting Students First. Come join the DPS team at Emily Griffith Technical College and make an impact at a great organization!
About Denver Public Schools
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
Under the leadership of Superintendent Tom Boasberg and guided by the tenets of The Denver Plan, DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job related factors.