Denver Public Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
DEAN OF INSTRUCTION
at Denver Public Schools
SWANSEA ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
215 work days
Essential Functions and Objectives:
- The Dean of Instruction works closely with principals, teachers, coaches, and department heads, to implement a targeted approach to job-embedded professional development to meet the needs of second language learners. This targeted approach, in collaboration with the District ELL Support Model lead, builds on the strengths and support growth in challenge areas for all instructional staff in order to support dramatic and accelerated improvements in student achievement.
Knowledge, Experience, & Other Qualifications:
- A minimum of three (3) years' successful teaching experience, preferably in an urban school district.
- Successful experience working with low performing schools and/or districts including schools with a high number of ELL students.
- Successful experience in working with adults in a coaching situation; experience with the data team process.
- Current Teacher, Principal or Administrator licensure preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Education or related field. Advanced degree preferred.
About Denver Public Schools:
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
Under the leadership of Superintendent Tom Boasberg and guided by the tenets of The Denver Plan, DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.