Denver Public Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Denver Public Schools
STUDENT EQUITY AND OPPORTUNITY
186 work days per year
Salary: See DCTA Teacher Salary Schedule at http://careers.dpsk12.org/teachercomp/compensation-your-first-year/
School Year: 2017-2018
Essential Functions and Objectives:
The Psychologist performs psycho-educational assessment (average, gifted, disabled, and disturbed children) of students in Preschool through 12th grade. Consults with staff and parents, making recommendations for developmentally appropriate services and strategies to assist in improving student achievement. Participates in crisis management by counseling and or making referrals. Counsels students, parents (in groups and individually) and consults with staff in the development of appropriate behavior goals. Interprets test data, researches available tests necessary to meet individual school needs, provides in-service training for staff on standardized administration technique, and interprets individual and group test data to staff and parents.
Knowledge, Experience, & Other Qualifications:
- Experience in the administration and interpretation of a variety of test instruments to evaluate cognitive ability, learning aptitudes, academic skills and eligibility for special education.
- Experience using consultation techniques that allow for providing effective techniques that address problems in learning and behavior.
- Skills in intervention including psychological.
- Experience working with culturally diverse populations.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a multi-disciplinary team and communicate well in both written and oral formats.
- Plan and organize completion of projects demonstrating critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Must be willing to travel in the District and adapt to a changing work environment with a positive attitude and problem solving approach.
- Have the ability to follow directions and procedures.
- Remain calm in emergency situations.
- Proficiency with MS Office and other computer software programs.
- Demonstrates respect for children, teenagers, and adults.
- Psychologist K-12 - Endorsement
- Psychologist K-12 - Place/Praxis
- Colorado Department of Education Special Provider License - School Psychology
- Psychologist: Licensed Clinical
- Master's degree in Psychology.
About Denver Public Schools:
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
Under the leadership of Superintendent Tom Boasberg and guided by the tenets of The Denver Plan, DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.