Denver Public Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
SPECIAL EDUCATION ASSOCIATE PARTNER
at Denver Public Schools
190 work days
Salary Range: $51,210 - $53,800 per year
School Year: 2017/2018
Essential Functions and Objectives:
- The Special Education Associate Partner works with a group of assigned schools and leadership teams to research, design, and implement best practice strategies to support the achievement of students with disabilities and meet all of the required procedural safeguards.
- Provide counsel and assistance to special education team members on a broad range of special education topics including Free Appropriate Public Education (FAPE), Least Restrictive Environment (LRE), Parent Engagement and Procedural Safeguards, and Individualized Education Planning (IEP).
- Application and knowledge of effective instructional practices and data driven decision making focused on increasing student outcomes
- Develop and grow collaborative relationships with principals and special education teams by serving as a supporting team member to the Special Education School Partner.
- Cultivate awareness among school leaders and special education team members that a core function of DPS Special Education is to support the growth of skills to appropriately serving the needs of students at the school level.
- Frequent participation in school based special education team meetings and problem solving with school teams in addition to Division and Department meetings.
- Execute the goals and objectives of the Denver Public School District, Division of Students Services, and Department of Special Education.
Knowledge, Experience & Other Qualifications:
- Certification as a Special Education Teacher or Related Service Provider.
- Experience working with students with disabilities.
- Experience working with diverse populations
- Ability to work as a team member with a collaborative work style
- Robust problem solving skills and the ability to act decisively.
- Frequent travel across the district is required
-Bachelor's degree in Education, Special Education or related field required.
- Master's degree preferred.
About Denver Public Schools:
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
Under the leadership of Superintendent Tom Boasberg and guided by the tenets of The Denver Plan, DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.