Denver Public Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
TEACHER, ELEMENTARY - ECE-1ST GRADES
at Denver Public Schools
If you are not currently a DPS teacher you must first apply to the general teaching position and complete the DPS Central Teacher Screening process before applying to teach at a specific school. If you have not completed this process you will find the Apply Now button above is not available. Candidates who are not current DPS employees may apply to the general teaching position here: Teacher General Application 2017-2018. Current DPS employees will find the general teaching position listed under the Hot Jobs section of Opportunities.
JOE SHOEMAKER SCHOOL
Innovation 186 work days per year @ location 162
Innovation School - Please ensure you review Innovation Plan to understand terms and conditions of employment prior to applying. Innovation Plan is available at: http://portfolio.dpsk12.org/our-schools/innovation-schools/innovation-schools-of-dps/
Salary: See DCTA Teacher Salary Schedule at http://careers.dpsk12.org/teachercomp/compensation-your-first-year/.
Subjects and Grades:
* Possibly Eligible for a ProComp bonus
* Position begins in school year 2017-2018
* Grade 01 - First
* Early Childhood Elementary (ECE)
* Elementary Education
Essential Functions and Objectives:
- The Elementary Teacher teaches a diverse elementary school student population grade level standards based curriculum in Reading, Writing, Math, Science, Social Studies and Personal Development. Monitors, supervises, coordinates and enforces rules of conduct and behavior of assigned students, and reinforces positive student behaviors in accordance with school and District policy. Observes, evaluates, reports and records students' performance, behavior, social development, and physical health. Communicates with parents or guardians, teachers, counselors, and administrators to resolve students' behavioral and academic problems. Knowledge, Experience, & Other Qualifications: Must possess a current Colorado Teacher License with endorsement in Elementary Education and passing score on the PLACE or Praxis II in elementary education or HOUSSE qualified in elementary education, OR qualify for Alternative License and passing score on the PLACE or Praxis II in elementary education.
- Provides instruction to students in an Early Childhood Education classroom. Implements the District’s ECE program at the local school level under the direction of the school principal and the Instructional Support staff. Must comply with ECE program rules, regulations and State of Colorado licensing requirements for Child Care Centers, including re-fingerprinting, a child abuse and neglect background check, and annual training.
- This teacher is not the primary classroom teacher but covers for the classroom teacher in ECE 1-2 days per week to allow her release time for coaching and covers for the K/1 teacher 1-2 days a week to provide release time for coaching. The remainder of the time the teacher co-teaches and provides intervention support for students.
Please enter all of your education, licensure, and endorsements on your profile before submitting an application for this position. Candidates without a complete profile will not be considered. If your teaching license is pending, you are eligible to apply.
Education equivalent experience:
* Bachelor's degree in Education or related field.
At least one of the following types of licensure is required:
If your teaching license is pending, you are eligible to apply.
* Teacher: Initial Teacher License
* Teacher: Professional Teacher License
* Teacher: Alternative Teacher License
At least one of the following endorsements or certifications is required in each subject area for this position:
* Pre-School Education - Degree
* Pre-School Education - Endorsement
* Pre-School Education - National Board
* Pre-School Out of State Exam
* Pre-School Education - Place/Praxis
* Pre-School Education - PM Approved
About Denver Public Schools:
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
Under the leadership of Superintendent Tom Boasberg and guided by the tenets of The Denver Plan, DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.