Denver Public Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
TEACHER, LONG TERM SUB - MULTI INTENSIVE 2ND-3RD GRADE
at Denver Public Schools
FARRELL B HOWELL ECE-8 SCHOOL
Hourly, benefits eligible with minimum hours
Salary: $21.92 per hour
Dates Needed: ASAP until FT Teacher is hired
Subjects and Grades:
* Grade 01 - First
* Grade 02 - Second
* Grade 03 - Third
* Multi-Intensive (MI) Center Program
* Elementary Education
Essential Functions and Objectives:
The Long Term Substitute Teacher teaches a diverse school student population grade level standards based curriculum in Reading, Writing, Math, Science, Social Studies and Personal Development. Monitors, supervises, coordinates and enforces rules of conduct and behavior of assigned students, and reinforces positive student behaviors in accordance with school and District policy. Observes, evaluates, reports and records students' performance, behavior, social development, and physical health. Communicates with parents or guardians, teachers, counselors, and administrators to resolve students' behavioral and academic problems.
Knowledge, Experience, & Other Qualifications:
- Must possess a current Colorado Teacher License with appropriate endorsement.
Multi-Intensive (MI) Center Program Job Description:
- Provides instruction and services in a self-contained classroom for students who need more time for specialized instruction. This may include the teaching of general academics, functional academics, behavioral skills, social skills, and daily living skills. Collaborates with general education staff for the successful inclusion of students.
Elementary Education Job Description:
- Teaches diverse elementary school students grade level standards based curriculum in Reading, Writing, Math, Science, Social Studies and Personal Development.
ELA-E Job Description:
- Provides instruction to linguistically diverse students in English only.
Please enter all of your education, licensure, and endorsements on your profile before submitting an application for this position. Candidates without a complete profile will not be considered. If your teaching license is pending, you are eligible to apply.
* Bachelor's degree in Education or related field.
At least one of the following types of licensure is required:
If your teaching license is pending, you are eligible to apply.
* Teacher: Initial Teacher License
* Teacher: Professional Teacher License
* Substitute Authorization (Five Year)
At least one of the following endorsements or certifications is required in each subject area for this position:
* Elementary Education - Degree
* Elementary Education - Endorsement
* Elementary Education - Housse
* Elementary Education - National Board
* Elementary Education - Out of State Exam
* Elementary Education - Place/Praxis
* Pre-School Out of State Exam
* Pre-School Education - Place/Praxis
* Special Education, Specialist ages 5-21 - Endorsement
* Special Education, Specialist ages 5-21 - Place/Praxis
* Special Education, Specialist ages 5-21 - State Elig
* Special Education, Generalist ages 5-21 - Endorsement
* Special Education, Generalist ages 5-21 - Place/Praxis
* Special Education, Generalist ages 5-21 - PM Approved
* Special Education, Generalist ages 5-21 - State Elig
* Special Education, Educable Mentally Handicapped - Degree
* Special Education Educable Mentally Handicapped-Endorsement
* Special Education Educable Mentally Handicapped-Place/Praxis
* Special Education, Educable Mentally Handicapped-PM Approved
About Denver Public Schools:
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
Under the leadership of Superintendent Tom Boasberg and guided by the tenets of The Denver Plan, DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.