Denver Public Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
TEACHER, SECONDARY (HIGH) - MATH (9TH-12TH GRADES), ELA-E
at Denver Public Schools
If you are not currently a DPS teacher you must first apply to the general teaching position and complete the DPS Central Teacher Screening process before applying to teach at a specific school. If you have not completed this process you will find the Apply Now button above is not available. Candidates who are not current DPS employees may apply to the general teaching position here: Teacher General Application 2017-2018. Current DPS employees will find the general teaching position listed under the Hot Jobs section of Opportunities.
COMPASSION ROAD ACADEMY
Innovation 186 work days per year @ location 515
Innovation School - Please ensure you review Innovation Plan to understand terms and conditions of employment prior to applying. Innovation Plan is available at: http://portfolio.dpsk12.org/our-schools/innovation-schools/innovation-schools-of-dps/
Salary: See DCTA Teacher Salary Schedule at http://careers.dpsk12.org/teachercomp/compensation-your-first-year/.
Subjects and Grades:
* Possibly Eligible for a ProComp bonus
* Position begins in school year 2017-2018
* Grade 09 - Ninth
* Grade 10 - Tenth
* Grade 11 - Eleventh
* Grade 12 - Twelfth
Essential Functions and Objectives:
- The High School Teacher teaches specific grade level subject matter to a diverse high school student population, following DPS standards-based curriculum. Helps all students develop competence and confidence simultaneously through a balance of acquiring basic skills and developing conceptual understanding. Monitors, supervises, coordinates and enforces rule of conduct and behavior for assigned students, and reinforces positive student behaviors in accordance with school and District policy. Observes, evaluates, reports and records students' performance, behavior, social development, and physical health. Communicates with parents or guardians, teachers, counselors, and administrators to resolve students' behavioral and academic problems. Knowledge, Experience, & Other Qualifications: Must possess a current Colorado Department of Education Teachers License with appropriate endorsement.
- Provides instruction to linguistically diverse students in English only.
- Provides instruction in Math following DPS standards-based curriculum.
Please enter all of your education, licensure, and endorsements on your profile before submitting an application for this position. Candidates without a complete profile will not be considered. If your teaching license is pending, you are eligible to apply.
Education equivalent experience:
* Bachelor's degree in Education or related field.
At least one of the following types of licensure is required:
If your teaching license is pending, you are eligible to apply.
* Teacher: Initial Teacher License
* Teacher: Professional Teacher License
* Teacher: Alternative Teacher License
At least one of the following endorsements or certifications is required in each subject area for this position:
* Mathematics - 24 credit hours
* Mathematics - Degree
* Mathematics - Endorsement
* Mathematics - National Board Certification
* Mathematics - Place/Praxis
* Mathematics Special Ed - Housse
About Denver Public Schools:
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
Under the leadership of Superintendent Tom Boasberg and guided by the tenets of The Denver Plan, DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.