Denver Public Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
TEACHER SECONDARY (MIDDLE) - MATH - SENIOR TEAM LEAD
at Denver Public Schools
This teacher position is a hybrid Teacher / Senior Team Lead role in which the teacher spends part of the school day providing high quality instruction as a teacher in his/her own classroom(s) and the other part of the school day magnifying their impact in the Senior Team Lead role at the school.
If you are not currently a DPS teacher, you must complete two steps before applying to this role. First, you must pass the DPS teacher screen process by applying to the General Teacher Application (Job ID 17183). Then, you must pass the Senior Team Lead screen process by applying to the General Senior / Team Lead Application (Job ID 17973). If you have not completed this process you will find the Apply Now button is not available.
Current DPS teachers must have a Senior / Team Lead eligibility status of "Eligible" in order to apply to this role. You can review eligibility qualifications here, and check your Senior / Team Lead eligibility status following these steps. If you have an eligibility status of "Insufficient Data" you must have your eligibility assessed by before applying to this position. To have your eligibility status assessed, please email TeacherLeader@dpsk12.org with your 2015-16 summative educator evaluation, or apply to the General Senior / Team Lead Application (Job ID 17973) before applying to this position. If you have a Senior / Team Lead eligibility status of "Insufficient Data" or "Not Yet Eligible for Next School Year" you will find the Apply Now button is not available.
MCAULIFFE INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
Innovation 186 work days per year
Salary: See DCTA Teacher Salary Schedule at http://hr.dpsk12.org/benefits-compensation/compensation/. A person serving in the hybrid Teacher / Senior Team Lead role will receive an annual stipend of $5,000, in addition to his/her teacher salary.
Subjects and Grades:
* Possibly Eligible for a ProComp bonus
* Position begins in school year 2017-2018
* Team Lead
Essential Functions and Objectives of the Teacher / Senior Team Lead Role:
The Senior Team Lead is a highly effective teacher who leads a team of teachers (aligned by grade level, content area, or other relevant grouping based on school need) in strengthening their ability to effectively deliver instruction and increase student outcomes. In addition to providing high-quality instruction in their own classrooms, the Senior Team Lead’s role is to build the capacity of teachers to deliver high quality, effective instruction. The Senior Team Lead provides support to his or her team of teachers by facilitating collaborative time amongst his or her team of teachers, providing 1-on-1 observation and coaching; and overseeing the end-to-end LEAP growth and performance evaluation for each teacher on his/her team, including mid- and end-of-year evaluations using the Framework for Effective Teaching and the Professionalism rubric.
In addition, the Senior Team Lead will also:
- Collaborate with school leaders to support the effective implementation of Team Specialists
- Contribute to the development of the year-long professional development plan and provide whole staff professional learning (when relevant) on their area(s) of expertise
- Participate as a member of the school’s Instructional Leadership Team
- Provide input on their caseload of teachers to support school leadership in hiring/non-renewal decisions
For more information about the roles and responsibilities of, and desired competencies for, a hybrid Teacher / Senior Team Lead, please click here.
Qualifications to Apply for the hybrid Teacher / Senior Team Lead role:
Please see here for qualifications to apply.
Note: Service in this role is contingent upon confirmation of eligibility through a rating of Effective or Distinguished on this year’s final, summative multimeasure evaluation, as well as becoming LEAP Evaluator Certified and completing required training.
Essential Functions and Objectives of the Teacher Role:
- The Middle School Teacher teaches specific grade level subject matter to a diverse middle school student population, following DPS standards-based curriculum. Helps all students develop competence and confidence simultaneously through a balance of acquiring basic skills and developing conceptual understanding. Monitors, supervises, coordinates and enforces rule of conduct and behavior for assigned students, and reinforces positive student behaviors in accordance with school and District policy. Observes, evaluates, reports and records students' performance, behavior, social development, and physical health. Communicates with parents or guardians, teachers, counselors, and administrators to resolve students' behavioral and academic problems.
Knowledge, Experience, & Other Qualifications:
Must possess a current Colorado Department of Education Teachers License with appropriate endorsement.
- Provides instruction in Math following DPS standards-based curriculum.
Qualifications for the Teacher Role:
Please enter all of your education, licensure, and endorsements on your profile before submitting an application for this position. Candidates without a complete profile will not be considered. If your teaching license is pending, you are eligible to apply.
Education equivalent experience:
* Bachelor's degree in Education or related field.
At least one of the following types of licensure is required: If your teaching license is pending, you are eligible to apply.
* Teacher: Initial Teacher License
* Teacher: Professional Teacher License
* Teacher: Alternative Teacher License
* Teacher: Alternative Teacher License
At least one of the following endorsements or certifications is required in each subject area for this position:
* Mathematics - 24 credit hours
* Mathematics - Degree
* Mathematics - Endorsement
* Mathematics - National Board Certification
* Mathematics - Place/Praxis
* Mathematics Special Ed - Housse
To apply, click on the "Apply" button and upload your resume and cover letter. In your cover letter please address:
- How has your teaching and leadership experience prepared you for this role?
- What experience have you had coaching adult learners to positive outcomes? What have you learned from those experiences?
- What experience have you had leading or facilitating professional learning opportunities? What do you believe are the components of high-quality professional learning?
About Denver Public Schools:
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools, including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
Under the leadership of Superintendent Tom Boasberg and guided by the tenets of The Denver Plan, DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
Keywords: TLC, TLCSeniorTeamLead