Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Maintenance Technician - Painter
at Denver Zoo
- Facilities Maintenance
- Denver, CO, USA
- Full Time
Denver Zoo is a leader in animal care, wildlife conservation, and education. We are passionate about our commitment to excellence in support of our mission to secure a better world for animals through human understanding.
Denver Zoo honors our animals, staff, and guests by conducting ourselves at the highest level of integrity through our Core Actions -- Inspire Awe: Safety, Care, Connect and by embracing our Core Behaviors of: Passion, Respect, Innovation, Diversity, and Excellence in all that we do.
Denver Zoo's Maintenance department has an opportunity for a full time Maintenance Technician - Painter to apply interior and exterior paint on a variety of surfaces using various paint tools, equipment and applications techniques. Candidates must be detail oriented, have two years of general non-licensed maintenance experience and a clear driving record.
Our staff is a dedicated and diverse group of individuals committed to providing quality care to our animals while creating moments of awe for guests. If you are a like-minded individual and thrive in a dynamic, fast paced, and innovative culture, Denver Zoo is the place for you!
In this role, you will:
- Inspect facilities and equipment to determine construction, mechanical installation, maintenance, or repairs needed.
- Perform maintenance, construction, tenant finish and remodel painting on a variety of surfaces
- Apply paint, varnish, stain, enamel, lacquer and redecorate walls, floors, woodwork and fixtures of buildings using appropriate tools and techniques; including two-part epoxy.
- Tape and finish drywall, install wall and floor coverings, remove old finishes and prepare surfaces and selects premixed paint or mixes paints to achieve desired color
- Prepare paint guns for proper line width and bead application; cleans and maintains tools and equipment.
- Maintain records and prepares daily activity reports.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose problems needing maintenance or repairs.
- Work and assist in all Maintenance Department shops.
- Perform submitted maintenance requests.
- Knowledge of safety hazards and necessary safety precautions sufficient to be able to establish a safe work environment.
- Ability to operate various pieces of equipment such as backhoes, Bobcats, and forklifts.
- Run errands for materials, etc., as needed and clean maintenance facilities.
- Escort contractors behind scenes; including communicating to Zoo staff when entering and exiting an area, making sure they're working safely, and contractors clean up before leaving.
- Move furniture and appliances with various pieces of equipment and other maintenance personnel.
- Consistently provide exceptional customer service.
- Set priorities in alignment with Inspire Awe:
- Safety first, always.
- Care demonstrated through exceptional guest service
- Connect with each guest utilizing ROADMAP in all programs and GIG strategies with guests
- Demonstrate a commitment to Denver Zoo's Sustainability Policies by adhering to all environmental, safety, & health regulations, procedures, and goals.
- Act in accordance with Denver Zoo's Core Behaviors: Passion, Respect, Innovation, Diversity, and Excellence in all interactions with staff, guest, volunteers, and vendors.
The Successful Candidate will have the following qualifications:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Two years of general non-licensed maintenance experience highly desirable.
- Ability to read and work from manuals, blueprints, written and verbal instructions.
- Must possess good interpersonal communications skills.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work with little supervision.
- Ability to interact with fellow employees and guests at the zoo.
- Clear driving record.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
This position is open until filled
Denver Zoo reserves the right to close the position prior to the above date.
Denver Zoo is an Equal Opportunity Employer