Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manager, UX / Human Factors
USER EXPERIENCE MANAGER
As a User Experience Leader you help drive the future of how our customers experience and interact with us and our products. We are looking for someone with passion for creating simple and intuitive user experiences, collaboration, and mentoring talented members of your team.
The primary role of this position is to provide management, leadership and coordination of the User Experience department. The Manager is responsible for managing a team of UX designers and researcher in the design of products across Hach's portfolio of instruments, sensors, chemistries and software. The Manager serves as a leader who collaborates and influences cross-functionally with Product Management, Marketing and Engineering to drive design strategy and design decisions to deliver optimized user experiences across our product roadmap. This position is responsible for defining priorities, managing design schedules, determining resource allocation and optimizing design processes related to the User Experience team. The Manager is also accountable for design quality and consistency across our product portfolio.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Advocate for users and promote best practices in design and usability within the product development process.
- Work with cross-functional development teams to ensure designs meet critical user needs while balancing business tradeoffs.
- Champion a customer centric approach to user experience.
- Lead and communicate UX strategy across the business to stakeholders and product owners
- Coordinate and deliver consistent UX look and feel across product lines and platforms.
- Work with cross-functional development teams to make sure that designs meet user needs
- Provides a centralized design center for the User Experience Department.
- Manages personnel including performance evaluations, consulting on career enhancement and training
- Develops and maintains user experience department processes and standard work
- Responsible for training new department members on user experience work and procedures
- Manages User Experience projects and delivers project assignments to department members
- Reports to management on the status of user experience projects process
- Other duties as assigned
CRITICAL COMPETENCIES / SUCCESS FACTORS:
- Strong customer orientation
- Innovative and creative
- Ability to conceptualize, design and deliver superior customer experiences
- Ability to manage relationships, deliverables and expectations cross-functionally
- Ability to manage people and processes
- Approaches work with a strong sense of ownership, commitment and urgency
- Ability to acquire new knowledge and skills as required
- Ability to write and communicate complex information clearly
- Degree in User Experience related field, such as Human Factors Engineering, HCI, Information Architecture, Interactive Design, Cognitive Science or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the User Experience & Information Design Industry with minimum of 2 years of leading a User Experience team.
- Proven ability to work in a matrix team environment
- Knowledge and use of user interface prototyping tools
- Solid understanding of user research and user centered design process
- Strong skills in rapid prototyping and iterative design process
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Effective management and conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrated organization skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is constantly required to sit. The employee may occasionally squat, turn/twist, or reach. The employee is constantly using hands to: finger, handle, feel or operate objects, and computer keyboards. The employee is occasionally required to walk, stand, climb, balance, stoop, bend, kneel, crouch or crawl, and talk, hear, and smell.
The employee must occasionally lift, carry, push or pull up to 20 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment consists of an indoor, work or home office environment with good ventilation, adequate lighting, and low noise levels.
The duties listed in job descriptions are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change. The purpose of this description is to assist in ADA compliance and is not intended for other purposes such as collective bargaining, or compensation.
External hiring into this position is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check and possible credit history review.
Hach is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.