Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Shipping / Receiving Coordinator
We are seeking an energetic and efficient Warehouse Coordinator with an outstanding work ethic to be responsible for all warehouse operations including shipping, receiving, and inventory management.
The winning candidate will work with our sales, client services, manufacturing, and quality assurance groups, and be trained in the art and science of shipping, receiving, and inventory management of certified chemical reference materials. The position requires the ability to learn and master a broad range of products and a high level of concentration and attention to detail.
Responsibilities and Duties
· Shipping of products (picking/verifying/packaging of customer orders)
· Understand work procedures and follow documented methodologies in shipping, receiving, and inventory of products
· Ensure a highly organized and exceptionally clean warehouse environment
· Enforce the company's safety policies, maintain current knowledge of hazardous materials shipping and handling regulations
· Maintain inventory of finished goods, perform cycle counts, report regularly on inventory observations
· Work closely with the Client Services group in processing same-day shipment of customer orders
· Work closely with the Accounting and Operations groups in a service role to ensure efficient receipt and delivery of raw materials and finished goods
· Ensure the security of warehouse contents, proper storage of finished goods
· Ensure the shipping process is highly accurate and implement safeguards to avoid errors in shipping finished goods and required paperwork to end users
· General housekeeping, paper shredding, packaging of products, inventory counts, archiving products, stocking shelves, stocking of office supplies and other tasks as necessary
· Perform other duties and take on responsibility for all warehouse related matters as required
· The hours for the position are 8:30 am to 5:30 pm (including one hour off for lunch).
- Experience in picking/packing and shipping complex orders with multiple components and line items
- Knowledge of shipping dangerous goods (preferably IATA/DOT certification)
- Familiarity with order processing/scanning software, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and data base applications
- Experience in receiving and inventory control
- Excellent communication skills
- A great attitude and an excellent work ethic