Discover Goodwill of Southern and Western Colorado
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Discover Goodwill of Southern and Western Colorado
Serves as a supervisor to all field staff to assure agency policies and federal and state regulations; serves as liaison among the agency field staff, patients, hospitals, the medical community and general community.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Actively licensed in Colorado as a Registered Nurse without stipulations
- Experience of a minimum of one (1) year as an RN, prefer home health experience.
- Current CPR certification
- Current TB screening upon hire and annually thereafter
- Possession of a valid Colorado Driver's License with reliable transportation and applicable car insurance
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Appropriately evaluates the patient, initially and periodically throughout care
- Develops and implements appropriate treatment programs to address problems identified; develops realistic personal goals with patient; re-evaluates, sets new goals and adjusts care accordingly in consultation with physician or intermediate care provider
- Advises, consults and instructs on treatment or procedures, and supportive activities to patients, family members and other home health team members
- Observes, records and reports to physician and/or supervisor, patient’s reaction to treatment, patient’s progress and any changes in patient’s condition
- Assists patient and family with community resources needed to adjust to physical, mental and social limitations
- Coordinates other service team members, both in formal and informal care conferences, to assure sufficient flow of information to support care of patient
- Informs patient, family and physician verbally and in writing as needed regarding plan of care, progress, or changes and pending discharge
- Provides accurate and timely documentation of care in accordance with agency policy and pay source requirements
- Meets regulatory agency and/or pay source requirements regarding patient care.
- Effectively manages a caseload as established by agency
- Participates, as requested, in orientation of new staff, in-service education, continuing education, utilization review and QI/QA programs
- Uses agency approved software to enter evaluations and visit documentation
- Other duties as assigned
- This position supervises LPN and CNA direct care staff according to agency policies
ABILITIES, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- ? Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, professional journals and legal documents
- ? Ability to read and interpret physicians’ orders and notes from other caregivers as well as respond to them verbally and in writing
- ? Ability to effectively present information to patients and employees and community
- ? Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints
- ? Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusion
- ? Ability to deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to improvise in a home setting
- ? Ability to send/receive emails and use the internet for research and informational purposes
- ? Ability to use computer for communication and documentation purposes
- ? Ability to use independent judgment to manage and impart confidential information
- ? Skill to attend to multiple tasks at once which are time sensitive
- ? Thorough knowledge of home health care practice, communication skills and case management
- ? Basic knowledge of Windows operating system and ability to advance computer skills as required
- ? Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees, the
- public and supervisors
- ? Ability to regularly sit, stand, stoop, bend, kneel, walk, balance, crouch, crawl, push, pull, reach with hands and arms and talk and hear
- ? Ability to frequently use hands to finger, handle, or feel
- ? Ability to occasionally climb
- ? Ability to occasionally use sense of smell
- ? Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move 100 pounds.
- ? Ability to perform the anticipated level of physical assist required to provide safe patient care
- If the anticipated level of assist is greater than that which the employee can safely provide, the supervisor is to be notified immediately
- ? Ability to use close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception
- ? Ability to adjust focus
- ? The employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions
- ? The work environment is highly variable, as care is provided in private homes
- ? Lighting, acoustics, air quality, temperature and environmental hazards are not predictable
- ? The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, household pets/animals, fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals
- ? The noise level in the office work environment is usually moderate
The employee is required to travel frequently to complete home health visits.
Discover Goodwill of Southern & Western Colorado is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to employing qualified individuals including those with disabilities and/or protected veterans without regards to discrimination.
To promote a Safe & Drug-free Workplace, a pre-employment screening may be conducted. Candidates may be disqualified for criminal history regarding drug use or sale, financial fraud, identity theft, abuse, violence, and/or theft.
Discover Goodwill participates in E-Verify. For more information on E-Verify, please contact DHS: 888-897-7781 or www.dhs.gov/E-Verify