Discover Goodwill of Southern and Western Colorado
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Move Associate (Things Forgotten)
at Discover Goodwill of Southern and Western Colorado
HOURS: Flexible hours / Can be a few hours up to 40 per week. (On call position)
PAY: Senior Move Role $15.00 / Retail Support roles will be paid at Posted Rates.
The Senior Move Associate will assist transitioning seniors and/or their families to comfortably, efficiently and lovingly move into the next stage of their lives. The Associate will help the transitioning seniors review and organize their possessions to provide a basis for decisions on what items will be moving with them. The Senior Move Associate will be interacting with clients during what could be a very sensitive time and must be able to empathize with transitioning seniors as well as provide a stable and calming presence. Displaying an “Attitude of Gratitude” to support the mission of Discover Goodwill will also be required.
The Senior Move Associate will also perform other duties to support the Innovations team including sorting, logging and delivering inventory to the Retail Centers or American Classics Marketplace. The Associate may also provide support to the Operations and Sales team by acting as a Donation Site/Services Associate or other Associate level position during times of need.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and interact cooperatively with clients, family members and other team members while maintaining a professional manner and appearance.
- Provides excellent Customer Service with an “Attitude of Gratitude” while answering customer’s questions and concerns.
- Carefully packs/unpacks items that have been selected for moving using the methods described during training.
- Organize and set-up all the client’s possessions in the new home to ensure the most comfortable transition possible.
- Assist with arrangements for items that will not be moving to client’s new home.
- Ensures supplies and equipment needed for each job are collected and transported to the job site.
- Ensures new and purchased goods are protected, properly sorted, loaded, unloaded, and transported in accordance with company policies.
- Accepts donated goods, varying from small items to large heavy items.
- Ensures that every donated item is handled with care to show respect to the donor and for the item.
- Sorts donations/product into department production areas.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Ability to calmly and lovingly empathize with transitioning seniors.
- Experience with seniors is a plus.
- Must be versatile as this position will require ability to adapt to changing responsibilities in a professional, courteous and efficient manner.
- Able to stand for 8 hours at a time.
- Able to bend, twist, lean forward and sideways.
- Able to lift approximately 20-50 lbs., i.e. wardrobe boxes, crates, etc.
- Able to use a two-wheel dolly.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Able to pass a drug screen and background check.
- Valid Colorado driver’s license with clean Motor Vehicle Record (MVR).
Discover Goodwill of Southern & Western Colorado is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to employing qualified individuals including those with disabilities and/or protected veterans without regards to discrimination.
To promote a Safe & Drug-free Workplace, a pre-employment screening may be conducted. Candidates may be disqualified for criminal history regarding drug use or sale, financial fraud, identity theft, abuse, violence, and/or theft.
Discover Goodwill participates in E-Verify. For more information on E-Verify, please contact DHS: 888-897-7781 or www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Attachment to Job Description
Position: Senior Move Associate Dept. Number: 1065
LIFTING: (as defined by ADA)
Heavy: 45 lbs & over
Moderate: 15-44 lbs
Light: 14 lbs & under
Heavy: 45 lbs. & over
Moderate: 15-44 lbs.
Light: 14 lbs. & under
CLIMBING - use of legs only (stairs)
CLIMBING - use of arms & legs (ladders)
Visual – close
Visual – distant
Visual - depth perception
OTHER - Please describe: