DISH Network L.L.C.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Core Content Acquisition Lead
at DISH Network L.L.C.
- Job ID
DISH is a Fortune 250 company with more than $14 billion in annual revenue that continues to redefine the communications industry. Our legacy is innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo, including reinventing ourselves. We disrupted the pay-TV industry in the mid-90s with the launch of the DISH satellite TV service, taking on some of the largest U.S. corporations in the process, and grew to be the third-largest pay-TV provider. We are doing it again with the launch of the first live, internet-delivered TV Service – SlingTV, that bucks traditional pay-TV norms and gives consumers a truly new way to access and watch television.
Now we have our sights set on upending the wireless industry and unseating the entrenched incumbent carriers.
We have a bold sense of pride, adventure, and desire to win – it’s in our DNA. And we’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
DISH is looking for a Programming Lead to join the dynamic content acquisition team. This position will be an integral part of the Core Programming Team, which acquires core video content from national content partners (e.g. AMC, Viacom, etc.).
The Programming Team works with senior management on DISH’s programming strategy, manages ongoing business and relationships with our programming partners, and negotiates content acquisition and renewal deals in line with budget and overall strategy.
Key areas of responsibility for the Core Programming LEAD include but are not limited to:
- Drive DISH’s preparation process for upcoming negotiations with content partners.
- Participate in content acquisition discussions as well as renewal negotiations with our content partners.
- Evaluate and lead contractual analysis of our programming agreements with support from members of DISH’s legal team
- Ad-hoc analyses on network viewership and financials to support and inform discussions with content partners.
- Proactive analysis of the latest trends in Media and Pay TV industries to drive internal content strategy and identify business opportunities.
Skills - Experience and Requirements
A successful Core Programming LEAD will have the following:
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university (MBA considered an advantage); minimum of 3 years of experience; or a combination of education and experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; comfortable communicating with senior management; capability to build and maintain strong internal and external business relationships
- Detail oriented with ability to review and analyze a large volume of quantitative and qualitative data (Excel skills considered an advantage); ability to think creatively and independently as well as collaboratively
- Comfortable reading and understanding contract language
- Experience or demonstrated interest in the pay-TV industry
- Negotiation/deal experience (preferred)