DISH Network L.L.C.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Corporate Communications Manager
at DISH Network L.L.C.
- Job ID
- Public Relations
DISH is a Fortune 250 company with more than $14 billion in annual revenue that continues to redefine the communications industry. Our legacy is innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo, including reinventing ourselves. We disrupted the pay-TV industry in the mid-90s with the launch of the DISH satellite TV service, taking on some of the largest U.S. corporations in the process, and grew to be the fourth-largest pay-TV provider. We are doing it again with the first live, internet-delivered TV service – Sling TV – that bucks traditional pay-TV norms and gives consumers a truly new way to access and watch television.
Now we have our sights set on upending the wireless industry and unseating the entrenched incumbent carriers.
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Does shaping a brand and leading a quickly evolving industry drive you? Are you passionate about using communications to help tell a brand’s story and reach consumers in new ways? Would you like to lead a team and run campaigns that make a lasting impact on a business as well as consumers?
We are seeking an experienced communications professional to join DISH and Sling TV’s Corporate Communications, Market-Facing team. This position will be key in helping lead Sling TV’s communications efforts, developing and executing integrated, cross-platforms communications strategies and campaigns that engage media and excite consumers. You will partner closely work with Sling TV’s executive leadership team, including the President of Sling TV to develop and promote thought-leadership, play a key role in acquiring new subscribers and execute creative ideas in a highly-competitive industry.
The role requires building and leading a team of exceptional communications professionals and overseeing the execution of a range of high-impact communications programs. The ideal candidate has strong media relationships across tech, business and consumer outlets; deep executive communications experience; and a proven ability to lead cross-functional teams in the execution of high-impact communications campaigns.
- Oversee a team and manage day-to-day work as well as agency resources; model a collaborative and team-oriented approach and work with different teams across the business.
- Manage and further develop a team of highly capable communications professionals; oversee resource allocation across the team including staffing, hiring and onboarding new talent; lead team discussions and aid in the process to find solutions to team-wide challenges.
Strategic Thinking and Business Acumen
- Develop corporate-level, technology communications plans that are aligned with needs of the business; understand and simplify complex ideas / technical issues and make them relatable to those outside the business / industry; lead product / programming launches and proactive media programs; contribute to business strategic planning initiatives.
- Partner with marketing, programming, product and operations teams to develop compelling stories that amplify Sling’s leadership position; serve as corporate communications subject matter expert on streaming, competitive services as well as public relations best practices for integrated campaigns, measurement, trends and media opportunities.
- Work cross-functionally to build communications strategies that engage customers and partners, drives brand affinity and supports subscriber growth; serve as trusted communications advisor to engineering, product, programming, operations, legal and other groups within the company; prepare and media train spokespeople; provide constructive feedback to executives; staff interviews and presentations.
- Create and oversee PR materials including fact sheets, media pitches, Q&As, FAQs, executive bios, press releases, blog posts and measurement reports; engage on crisis communications topics and be able to quickly drive the team in a given direction.
Skills - Experience and Requirements
A successful Corporate Communications Manager will have the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing / Communications, Digital Technologies, Research-related discipline or similar applicable field is required.
- 8-10+ years of in-depth public relations and communications experience with at least 3-5 years management experience; agency experience is highly preferred.
- Experience in technology, consumer and crisis PR; demonstrated ability to use creative thinking to develop PR opportunities, media stories and social media content; experience using integrated social media tactics to supplement PR activities is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build effective professional relationships with co-workers and external partners.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills, including strong media relations skills; experience writing news releases, blog posts, pitches, speeches and other written materials; experience in creating and drafting engaging social media content.
- Strict attention to detail and the ability to work to tight deadlines; solid organizational and project management skills; self-starting with the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities and manage projects autonomously as necessary.