DISH Network L.L.C.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Facilities Tradesman I - Plumber
at DISH Network L.L.C.
- Job ID
DISH is a Fortune 250 company with more than $14 billion in annual revenue that continues to redefine the communications industry. Our legacy is innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo, including reinventing ourselves. We disrupted the pay-TV industry in the mid-90s with the launch of the DISH satellite TV service, taking on some of the largest U.S. corporations in the process, and grew to be the fourth-largest pay-TV provider. We are doing it again with the first live, internet-delivered TV service – Sling TV – that bucks traditional pay-TV norms and gives consumers a truly new way to access and watch television.
Now we have our sights set on upending the wireless industry and unseating the entrenched incumbent carriers.
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Primary responsibilities fall into the following categories:
- Upkeep of facilities grounds, equipment, furniture, building systems, plumbing fixtures, and interior and exterior upkeep.
- Maintain business critical systems: Fire, HVAC, Data centers, and monitoring systems.
- Perform hands-on maintenance work and repairs as needed.
- After hours work will be required for various preventative maintenances, snow removal, emergency repairs, and various other projects.
- Other duties as required.
Skills - Experience and Requirements
A successful Facilities Tradesman I will have the following:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Construction background, general maintenance background, or background in a trade required. Vocational degree a plus.
- Good written and oral communication skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, blueprints, construction documents, MOP, SOP, operating and maintenance manuals and procedures as well as the ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written and/or oral instructions.
- Safety training preferred for the following: ladder certification, forklift operator, fall protection, power tools, hand tools
- Must have the ability to work on their own supervised or unsupervised, have a good use of general hand tools and powered tools. Must also have the ability to lift 60lbs and sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Excellent planning and organizational abilities; leadership skills a plus.
- Must have a valid Colorado driver’s license and the ability to work flexible hours. Finally, must have basic knowledge of computer systems, office, word, excel, etc.